For You

Taehyung's POV

On the list of things I was not expecting to happen today, Jae slapping Jungkook was definitely at the top of that list. I was shocked, and I even felt the need to defend him. We just saved her life and this is the thanks we get? I felt frustration bubble up inside and I was about to give her a piece of my mind, but I noticed she was shaking, and her voice quivered when she spoke, "Are you out of your mind?! What were you thinking?? You almost got shot! You could have died! Nothing is worth you dying over!! I'M certainly not worth that!! And what's worse-" she gestured to me, "You not only endangered yourself but him as well! How could I live with myself if something had happened to you!"

She was crying now, and she turned to me, "Either of you." she said quietly. Tears were streaming down her face, and instead of looking angry, she looked worried, and tired. I understood now why she had slapped him. It wasn't out of anger, it was out of worry. My mom flashed in my mind, as she had spanked me a couple of times when I was young and did something stupid. It was just like that.

Jungkook was looking at the floor, speechless. He looked guilty and sad. "Another hybrid isn't going to die because of me, I'm not going through that again..." her legs were shaking and she fell to her knees. "Not again.." she whispered. I walked over to her and crouched so I could see her face. I was afraid that she would be scared of me now, considering I just ripped apart some guys shoulder. I wanted to comfort her. Why? I barely knew her, but she reminded me of myself somehow.

I reached my hand out to put it on the top of her head, and she surprised me by hugging me, and crying into my chest. That goes on the list as well.
I looked at Jungkook, and he still looked guilty. I just did what came naturally and I wrapped my arms around her. She smelled like strawberries and she was extremely warm. She wasn't afraid of me, even after I practically ripped some guy's shoulder apart. She didn't even flinch.

I wonder what she meant by 'another hybrid isn't going to die because of me'. There's so much we don't know about her, but I was more than eager to find out, even more so than before. I patted the back of her head gently, and said "Come on, we should go home." she sniffed and she looked up at me. Her big silver-blue eyes were stunning, and the sunlight shining in them made them even more brilliant. I was so lost in them I didn't hear what she asked me.
"Oh, w-what?" Through a few more sniffles she repeated herself, "I'll just...be a burden..." Jungkook spoke softly, "You could never be a burden to us, Jae."

She didn't respond, but I know she heard him. I'm sure the guys were worried by now after Jungkook and I had suddenly dashed after her, and they probably heard the gunshots. I pulled away from her gently, and helped her up. I noticed she was supporting a lot of her weight on me, and she looked pale. "Are you alright?" I asked her. "I'm.." she looked at me and paused. "I'm...exhausted all of a sudden.." she said in a quiet voice. "Wrap your arms around me." I said. She hesitated for a couple of seconds but then she complied and wrapped her arms around my neck. I became a little flustered, but I was trying my best not to let that show.

I picked her up, and she fit in my arms like a puzzle piece. "Come on JK, lets go." He nodded at me, and we both started walking back to the house. The three of us walked in silence for the most part. I asked Jungkook if he was okay, and he said he was. He might be a bunny hybrid but I knew he was more than strong.

When we finally reached the house, Joonie and Jin were standing outside, talking to each other and their faces looked intense. They turned to us as soon as they heard our footsteps and they came running. We both ended up getting scolded pretty harshly, but Jungkook got the worst of it. Jin helped Jae back in the house after making sure she was feeling okay. I was greeted with worried hugs from Jimin and Hobi and a stern look from Yoongi. After a little while, Namjoon called all of us in the living room to have a 'serious talk'.

Jae came out from Jin's room, looking a lot better than she did before holding a water bottle. Instead of looking pale she looked brighter, and her eyes were sparkling again. She looked at all of us with a small but genuine smile, and I felt butterflies in my stomach. What is this feeling?

She cleared her throat and everyone's eyes were on her now. "I wanted to apologize properly for causing so much trouble. Jungkook got hurt because of me, and I feel deeply sorry about it. If I was stronger, I could have avoided that. Please forgive me." she lowered her head. Jungkook spoke in urgency, "It's not your fault! She was in trouble, I was only-"

"Jungkook." was all Namjoon had to say for him to stop talking. He turned back to Jae, "While your apology is very nice, it's not necessary. I think we can all agree on that. In fact, Taehyung told me that you shot the man that kicked Jungkook. Right?" he glanced at me and I said, "It's true." She was actually extremely brave for doing that. I thought back on it and I knew she hadn't ever shot a gun based on her reaction. Her mind must have been racing...

Namjoon's voice snapped me out of my flashback, "Jae, you don't have to worry when you are with us. We can keep you safe, and you wouldn't be a burden to any of us." Hobi piped in, "Yeah. Some of us may not look too dangerous but we know how to protect ourselves, and each other! We've been doing it for a while now." He smiled at her and I saw her start to smile back. Yoongi sighed, "So we just found this place, and now we have to move again?" He said, not looking at any of us. He was right, especially after what happened today, we can't stay here. I knew Namjoon already figured that.

"That's what I wanted to talk to everyone about. Now that Jae has been spotted near here, it won't be long until they find us too. We have to leave at nightfall. That'll give everyone enough time to prepare right?" he said, looking at all of us. It's not like we had many personal belongings, so it would be easy to just get up and leave. That's how it's always been anyway.

"Jae? Are you with us?" he asked her. Everyone turned to her for her answer. I caught Yoongi's face looking conflicted. It looked like he was having some sort of inner struggle. I knew everyone including myself didn't mind Jae being here except for him. Maybe if I was lucky I could have a chat with him later about it, if he would even open up to me.

After Jae was silent for a few seconds, she nodded and Namjoon clapped his hands once. "Great. Now that's settled, we should decide on sleeping arrangements. We should get some sleep now before we head out, since we'll most likely be moving all night to cover more ground. Jae, you are more than welcome to sleep anywhere you want." Jae's face was obviously turning pink and it was adorable. "Thank you...I-I think um, I'll just sleep on that couch." she said, avoiding eye contact. "It was pretty comfy."

Namjoon shrugged and he chuckled to himself. "Well, I did say wherever. Suit yourself. We should all turn in now." I thought about giving up my bed to let Jae sleep in it, but she looked content with the couch. We were all heading into our rooms when I noticed Yoongi staring at her as she and Jin were talking near the couch. "She won't make it two seconds out there with us. She's too weak." He muttered to himself. He caught me staring at him, and continued, "If Namjoon seriously thinks having a human around us benefits us in any way he's wrong. Just wait. Something bad is going to happen because of her. I know it." he said and he stormed into his bedroom.

I looked back at Jae. Something must have been funny because her and Jin were laughing, and Namjoon was smiling. The sight made me smile, and made me forget Yoongi's words entirely.

************************************************

<3 Thank you for reading as always. Keep streaming LGO and BE!

 Keep streaming LGO and BE!