Chapter 30

Iroh and Zuko landed on the floor on their backs.

Iroh sat up, coughing from the dust that now clouded the air.

He coughed, getting to his knees.

Zuko breathed heavily as he remained on the floor, freezing temperatures and blunt force were not a good mix.

Iroh touched his shoulder, kneeling next to him.

Zuko managed to wave his hand, despite the intense pain he knew he'd be fine.

Iroh looked at the pile of rocks and he felt his heart skip a beat. He ran to the wall of rocks, still coughing against the dust.

"Guys?" He yelled urgently, "Is everyone all right?"

"We're all fine! Everyone is accounted for on this side!" Pelo yelled. "How are you? Is the Fire Lord okay?"

Iroh breathed a sigh of relief at the report, "I'm fine. The Fire Lord is okay."

"Good," Pelo said, getting into a bending stance. "Let's get you guys out of there."

Iroh moved away from the wall when it began shaking.

He heard a crack and snapped his head to the ceiling.

What was left overhead was badly damaged.

Iroh's amber eyes widened, "Stop! Don't do that!"

Pelo stopped abruptly, "What's wrong?"

"The ceiling is too damaged, the movement will cause the roof to fall again!"

"What do we do then?" Sin asked, "We can't leave you!"

Iroh looked at Zuko, who was still on the floor. He bit his lip, remembering he still had to find Suki.

"You all need to get out of here," Iroh said, regaining his firm composer. "Find Commander Bumi if possible."

"What about you?" Cho demanded, walking to the wall of rocks. "I'm not leaving you. Closer than brothers!"

"Closer than brothers," Iroh agreed. "That's why I need you to leave. I'm not taking chances on your life."

"Iroh..."

"I know this building like the back of my hand," Iroh assured. "I'll meet you guys at the ship."

Cho balled his fists.

"Please guys, I have to find the princess anyway." Iroh said, "She snuck off the ship."

Cho sighed, "Fine..."

"Do me a favor," Iroh said. "Watch the Royal Girls for me until I get back."

"I will," Cho nodded.

"Thanks buddy," Iroh smiled faintly. "I'll meet you guys later with the princess and Fire Lord."

Cho nodded, "See you."

The group headed back to the opening they had come through.

Sin remained at the wall.

"Sin?" Cho asked.

"You better make it out!" Sin yelled. "I'm not going home without you!"

"I will Sin," He said. "I promise."

She nodded and walked to the group.

They carefully made their way out.

Iroh turned to Zuko and ran to his grandfather.

The man was still shivering terribly.

Iroh helped Zuko to his feet.

Zuko released a shaky breath, rubbing his arm and holding Iroh for balance with his free hand.