33 - Painful Jabbings

Diya pov

Love or due to the effects of medicine, I don't know what made me stay awake at midnight staring at the grown kid hugging me without hurting my injury, I slowly started to stroke his soft dense hair. He started to lean forward encouraging me to continue my work.

Slowly my hands moved to his bearded cheek and caressed it feeling the roughness from it, "don't you have time to trim it?" I asked in a slow voice, he stirred faintly, unexpectedly his tired eyes bored into mine making me gasp in shock.

He took my hands from his cheek and placed it back on his hair, getting his words, again I stroked it softly as he closed his eyes in soft pleasure and opened them slowly looking at me.

"Sleep" his straight words might come as ordered but the softness in his eyes made me look at him without second thoughts.

"I can't sleep" 

------

"won't you ask me why?"

"why?" his sleepy voice made his voice so earful to hear.

"I am frightened this might be dreamlike all these weeks" every day I would dream of him beside me hugging me close to his heart.

When he remained silent I continued further, "you were there every day when I wake up and when I fall asleep" I looked at him keenly observing his facial expressions, "have i ever been in your thought?"

"let's not talk about past of future Diya," he said stroking my hand.

"then tell me the truth Arj... Mr. Verma, why did you kissed me?" his silence is the only thing I got again.

I hissed in pain when I tried to face away from him, but he stopped me by placing his hands again on my waist turning me softly to his direction, "you know the answer for your questions Diya"

I shook my head, "No. I don't" he chuckled softly after my immediate response I longing to hear it from his tongue.

And I melted in that smile, "I don't want to lose you too" the smile I had on my heart wiped off immediately, "that's now the answer I know"

He sighed and wiped his face with his one hand while the other one still rested on my waist not letting me go, finally coming out of his deep thoughts, "I missed..." leaning forward he kissed both my eyes, "these eyes..." looking into my eyes like intaking me.

My lips curled down sadly, "there is nothing in my eyes" 

Rejecting my statement he shook his head, "these eyes speak a lot than your lips do"

After a long time, we are having a heart to heart talk, immersing me in his deep eyes more and more, "Advik told you you are hiding something from me" 

"let's sleep," he said closing his eyes I stopped him by holding his hands, "I don't know what you are avoiding Advik or this topic but I need to talk about it.

The first time when I meet Advik, I saw the playfulness in his eyes, nothing revenge or vengeful. He talked to me casually but when he came to know my father he was a completely changed man. The anger I saw in his eyes if not for my father or me but veritably for making his brother cry in depression for days.

His way of showing his anger is wrong but not even a second he tried to move away from me even the peoples around him mortified him and that day it's me who went out without informing anyone what is fair in punishing him when he has no mistake on his side?"

He took a deep breath but I again resumed, "The admiration and love when he sees you is a new thing for me, even that look didn't reach your parents from him. He loves you a lot Arj... Mr. Verma" he gritted his teeth throwing a fire.