Chapter 16

I don't own Percy Jackson or any other characters you will recognise from the series

Chapter 16

Percy's Pov

Putting my amusement aside, Chaos and the army then goes to the stands to watch the fight, betting that I would win. Everyone is watching the fifteen of us from the stands. And me? What am I doing? Well, I'm just ignoring the gods and everything really while waiting for Chaos to say the rules, currently bored.

"The rules are simple. The gods can use any weapon they want, while Percy can only use normal, unenchanted weapons. The gods can use all of their powers, while Percy can only use his powers from the fourteen of them. All fourteen of the gods can battle Percy at once. There is no killing. You need to fight until your opponent or opponents are unconscious or have surrendered, or I can tell that they are beaten, but they won't give up. When someone is knocked out, I will teleport them up here so that they don't get in the way of the fight." Chaos explains. "Be warned you fourteen gods, if you do somehow kill Percy, you will wish that you were never born!"

Most look nervous at this. It is not every day that you get threatened by the Creator of the Universe, is it? When I look at the fourteen of them, I can tell that they have a plan. It's probably that some will distract me, while the others go in for a strike. This would be a simple plan that they came up with, but I'm guessing that they think that I think that they will come up with a complicated plan to outwit me or something. Which... yea. They need to learn to expect the unexpected from an opponent.

"Get into position." Chaos instructs, we do. "Begin."

I look at them closely. I watch how they start to circle me with their weapons out, and I don't have a single weapon out yet. I see Artemis and Apollo pull the strings back on their bows, and a magic arrow appears. I can tell that these arrows are knockout ones, so if they touch my skin, I'll go straight to sleep.

They both release their arrows from either side of me. They keep reloading and firing at me. They are not anywhere near as fast as me with a bow and arrows, but for normal people, this is extremely fast. I can also tell that the two of them are part of the distraction unit.

I just move around, so that the arrows don't hit me. I keep looking at everyone. Hestia and Hera are both the furthest away from me. Demeter and Dionysus are both slowly making different plants (Demeter) and vines (Dionysus) appear. They are controlling them to try to distract or wrap around me. Ares and Athena both have their spears and shields out, coming at me slowly. Hephaestus has a hammer out and is slowly circling me. Hermes has his Caduceus out, what is basically a staff with wings on. He is just watching me for now. Aphrodite is quietly (her heels are making it extremely easy to hear her) coming from behind me, with a dagger out. Hades, Poseidon and Zeus each have their weapons of power out and are watching me, whilst also circling around me.

I put most of my attention on Aphrodite, knowing that she is going to do something first, before anyone else starts to attack me. I make it seem that I do not know that she is behind me. I am still empty handed, so I grab my twin swords out. When Aphrodite is one and a half meters away, I quickly spin and face her.

"Hello Aphrodite." I say ducking under four more arrows, batting her dagger away from the hold she had on it, making her loose the strong grip she had.

She manages to keep a hold on it which I raise a brow at, I did not really expect her to be able to keep a grip on it with how she doesn't worry about fighting.

"Hello Percy." She purrs before she tries to Charmspeak me. "Drop your weapons and surrender."

I raise an incredulous eyebrow at her. Does she believe that I will fall for this, or is this a trick? I internally shrug. I may as well use Charmspeak against her. I smirk at her.