Chapter 2: The Most Outstanding Emperor

After coming out of the Star Tower, Gu YuMian boarded the public suspension device.

In the interstellar age, land transportation was completely eliminated, and the satellite popularized the hovercraft. At present, the only regime in interstellar space was of the mysterious, feared Emperor. There were three galaxies, one Capital Star and forty-seven satellite auxiliary stars. The star Tukuxi, where Gu YuMian was now located, was a satellite auxiliary star on the edge of the galaxy. Industry and technology were not developed on this star.

There were more advanced means of transportation on the Capital Star.

Ten minutes later, Gu YuMian stood at the door of his home.

The apartment was originally rented and it was in the middle of a residential building, so the lighting and basic settings were not satisfactory. He didn’t have time to clean up yesterday and Gu YuMian spent an afternoon cleaning.

It was evening by the time he finished so Gu YuMian ordered take out.

While he was waiting for the takeout, he decided to watch a few live broadcasts to study. Although he went for the minimum wage, he was not in love with this business. But since he received money from others, he could not slack off doing his job.

“Little A, please connect me to the Star Network.” The built-in AI of Gu YuMian’s optical computer was called Little A.

“Okay,” Little A replied, “please verify with fingerprint and wear the sensor.”

A light screen appeared in front of Gu YuMian and he pressed his thumb on it then stuck a small metal disc-like sensing device to his forehead and closed his eyes.

The next second, a magical world unfolded in front of him.

It was like a VR game, but it was much more realistic than that. Gu YuMian floated in a vast Starry Sky broadcast, looking left and right. Once again, the indigenous person from ancient Earth was shocked by the advanced level of science and technology.

There were several small squares floating in front of him, with many different titles such as ‘information,’ ‘entertainment,’ ‘communication,’ which were a bit like apps from the mobile phones of his time. Gu YuMian pointed at the ‘entertainment’ section and chose Star Live.

The Star Live platform was really popular. He only entered the server located on Takk Star, not all servers. The number of online people had reached 200 million. The total number of permanent residents on Takk was 500 million.

Gu YuMian didn’t know what to do with his live broadcast and the platform would not restrict the live content of the anchor. The original must have had some talent to become a contracted anchor, but Gu YuMian knew nothing about it.

From childhood, he was good at caring for animals, which needed a series of special skills — good at mixing delicious feed, good at feeding babies, good at coaxing small animals to sleep, but these skills could not be used for the live broadcast.

Gu YuMian randomly selected a partition and entered the live studio to see how it worked.

The anchor of this studio was a beautiful Maine coon cat 1 and the background was a warm bedroom with wallpaper. This was its home and there was a small cradle beside it. Four little Mainecoon cats keep coming out and looking at the camera curiously. The host licked their foreheads one by one.