Chapter 25

Poland's P.O.V

I thought that I had the morning off, but I was having second guesses at this point. 

I was walking down the same narrow hallway that I had traveled down a countless number of times. The clacking of my crutches and the steady thumps of Germany's shoes were the two sounds that filled up this passageway. 

But, my thoughts were definitely louder. 

My mind raced with questions on why our morning that we had off was unexpectedly interrupted.

Of course, I had my assumption, clarification on notes or something relating to last night. But the more that I thought about it, the less it made sense. 

I lightly sighed. This was just confusing, that was all. 

I tried to direct my brain to something else, something a bit more straightforward. 

Think, Poland; think. Get your mind off of this, and onto...this morning.

Yes! This morning. 

It wasn't particularly happy, but it was definitely something to think about. 

Now, what about this morning can I think about?

My face became a light shade of red, but for a wrong reason. 

America's persistent comments. 

No.

America's persistent fake comments. 

Yeah, that's it. 

I was kind of shocked when he suggested something so...vulgar. And so early in the morning, too. 

I was especially perplexed at why he had thought that, when both Germany and I were still recovering from very serious injuries. 

Even if we were perfectly healthy, that topic is not something that I want to experience. Well, not until the right time. 

Germany and I have talked about it several times, and we have come to an agreement that respects my wishes. 

No sex until matrimony. 

And that's something that I love about Germany; he respects my boundaries. That was key to why we clicked, because that was something that I highly valued, and so did he. 

I value it, because my mother never had that choice. 

A hand touched my shoulder, and I looked over to the country on my right. "Geht es dir gut, Polen?" (Are you okay, Poland?) 

I nodded my head and gave Germany a smile. "Tak, tylko myślę." (Yeah, I'm just thinking.)

"Über was, Liebes?" (About what, love?) Germany asked. There was clear worry in his voice, and I appreciated it. It was nice knowing that somebody cared enough about you to make sure that you're truly okay. 

"Prawie dziś rano nie ma się czym martwić." (Just about this morning, it's nothing to worry your head over.) I clarified. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his posture relax and his head nod. 

"Wenn du es sagst." (If you say so.) He uttered, as we approached our destination. 

UN's doors weren't any different from the ones that outlined every other door in this place. However, it did have a small identification that read 'Extra office' with a sticky note that had UN's name on it.