Chapter 17: Sing You a Song

They had dined and wined to satiety.

It seemed that the little snow leopard really liked to eat the hot pot. Gu YuMian was surprised that the leopard ate almost as much as Big Wok would have. At this time, Gu YuMian couldn’t help thinking of that big white egg. When would it hatch? Would it be hungry?

However, even if the shell hatched, it could not eat Shouxi hot pot, and would have to drink milk. Gu YuMian shook his head and put the strange idea behind him.

At a glance, the snow leopard saw that he was distracted. He put out his paw pad and pressed it on Gu YuMian’s face. Gu YuMian held it and kissed him.

“By the way,” Gu YuMian finally remembered, “I prepared dessert.”

[Cat’s Meow: Dessert? Pleasantly surprised!]

[Vivian: It’s really good and happy to live with MianMian. He takes care of everything he does. Every meal is arranged. Dinner, drinks, desserts]

The dessert was in the refrigerator. Gu YuMian went down to the living room on the second floor to get it. Passing by the big white egg, he stopped and could not help but squat down to touch it.

“Come on baby, grow up quickly,” he felt a kind of inexplicable intimacy to this big white egg, which was very strange, “I’ll take you when you’re born… Well, I’ll take you to eat delicious food and find your father and mama.”

The first time he saw the little snow leopard, he also had this kind of intimacy, but they were a little different, and he couldn’t be specific.

Gu YuMian talked to the big white egg for a while, and suddenly felt a little silly. What was he doing? Fetal education?

“Then I’ll go up first. You be good.” He could not help but say goodbye to the big white egg.

What Gu YuMian didn’t notice was a dim yellow and quiet light that lit up the whole bedroom, and the wind blew the white curtain. As he turned around, the big white egg shook even more.

“TuanTuan, you waited a long time.”

Back in the garden, the little snow leopard nodded to him. Gu YuMian scratched his chin and held him in his arms. Gu YuMian put down the small plate he was holding. With the light, one could see two pieces of cream white transparent cheese on the delicate porcelain plate, sprinkled with a layer of tea powder and a blueberry placed on top, which was like a work of art. 1

“It’s silk tofu and cheese jelly,” Gu YuMian explained. “Silk tofu is a little more delicate than ordinary tofu, and it’s delicious with cheese.”

Bean products and cheese were basically harmless to cats, and it was also one of the few desserts they could eat. Most of the audience had eaten tofu, fried, boiled or raw. Many people never thought that tofu could be used for dessert. Wasn’t that too weird?

Gu YuMian took a spoon to cut off a corner of the square. The snow leopard rolled in Gu YuMian’s arms and took a bite from Gu YuMian’s hand.

A few seconds later, he squinted.

The soft and smooth cheese glided from the tip of the tongue, and the rich milk fragrance spread instantly. The delicate taste and light frozen silk tofu neutralized the greasiness of the cheese. The taste flowed from the tip of the tongue to the throat, and between the lips and teeth, it was the milk flavor that people wanted.