𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 (𝟏)

Pairings: Not Applicable
Warnings: Adult humour, sexual references
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

Was it probably a bad idea to accept Austin's offer to go onto one of his Love-Or-Host shows? Probably. Were they still going to go through with it? Oh, hell yes.

That was the thing, (Y/n) couldn't decide whether they should be excited or terrified for their life of what was about to come. The next few hours were either going to be the most interesting hours of their life, where they shared stories and got to know the contestants, or just a shame-fest where they get absolutely demolished. But could they expect any less from this? Of course not. It was a vc full of all of their friends where they all competed for (Y/n)'s love. Now, didn't that sound nice?

They didn't know what to expect and when the camera faced them and the stream had started to go live, they knew that they'd just to have to dive into it and hope for the best.

The show started the same as every other. Austin would make a big, dramatic introduction to reveal the main event of this show. Which was them, of course.

"Welcome to the show!" Austin cheered enthusiastically before panning over to (Y/n)'s screen. "Would you like to introduce yourself, (Y/n)?"

"Oh! Uhm..!" (Y/n) chuckled lightly. "Well, I'm (Y/n)... I'm a Twitch streamer and I make YouTube videos... sometimes..." They chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of their palms. "I live in (Y/h/t) and I live alone... With my one cat." They shrugged. It felt weird having the spotlight on them. They did a lot of streams in the past with the camera focused on nothing but their face, but this felt a lot different. I mean, this was basically a dating show.

A small chuckle emitted from Austin's lips as the words fell right out of (Y/n)'s mouth. (Y/n) capped it all of with a smile towards the screen.

"Okay, thank you for the introduction, (Y/n)! Now, let me introduce the people who will be comparatively trying to win you over!"

"Yay." They mumbled quietly, still beaming brightly in excitement. "Let's do this!" They piped up.

(Y/n) seemed so bold, but their face flushed when they took a glance at the box, their eyes scanning over the people who had actually showed up to win their affection. They were torn between confident and flustered. On the one hand, they're surrounded by their friends, they shouldn't be embarrassed around them, right? On the other hand, could this show ruin a few relationships they had with them? They were about to find out.

"Okay, would you guys like to introduce yourselves?" Austin questioned, which allowed the others to begin nodding their heads on screen.

Contestant one:
"Hello, (Y/n)." Wilbur smiled and waved, earning a little wave back from (Y/n) and an awkward smirk. "Uh, hey chat!" He greeted brightly. "I'm Wilbur Soot - I am also a Twitch streamer and a YouTuber. I'm also British, which is one of my best features, I would say." He did a little thumbs up as he finished, which earned a sweet giggle from (Y/n).

Contestant two:
"Hi, everyone!" That kind, high voice that (Y/n) absolutely loved had spoken into the microphone. "I'm Nihachu, but most people know me as Niki! I'm from Germany and I love cuddling and watching movies!" She announced cutely, tucking her hands into her sleeves and squeezing her palms together in an excited fashion.

Contestant three:
"Uh- Hello!" (Y/n)'s eyes drew over to the next person's screen. "I'm Dream, for those of you that don't know - But you can call me Clay, I guess. I used to do speedrunning on Twitch and do challenge series' on youtube!" Dream exclaimed. (Y/n) did laugh a little bit while looking over at his screen. He was the only one without a face cam on and to substitute, it was an image of his profile picture. The white blob with the lime green background.