Ch 55 - Don't Leave Please

If you shed tears please comment to let me know it will mean a lot to me if my words actually made you feel emotions. Thanks.
Enjoy the sadness💕💕💕

____

Morgan's hair was full of knots, she couldn't stop tugging at tangled clumps, despite the sting that followed.

That pain was nothing, in comparison to the reality around her.

She'd been left alone with Peter, for the first time since it happened.

He was asleep though, all she could do was watch.

He was surrounded, by every machine possible, tubs and wires were feeding into him, but he lay there, placid and unaware. It didn't look natural. Peter was Peter, she could see that, but he was trapped in a cocoon of machines that were fighting to keep him alive.

With Morgan's head, she found it hard not to stare, and take in what she could see.

She didn't know what everything was called, and frankly, she didn't care. It was keeping her brother alive, and for her, that was enough.

She concentrated on the heart rate monitor, it made a continuous humming noise, reminding her that Peter was still fighting.

She leaned back in her chair, closing her eyes as she lightly pulled on a handful of her hair.

The last four days of her life had gone by in a blur.

She hadn't showered or eaten much. Her mum had been able to convince her to change clothes, each day, but that was all she could manage.

She couldn't leave Peter.

He was there for her, whenever she needed him, and it had to be the same, the other way around.

"Mo-" Peter's call was faint, "Morgan..."

She jerked forward, her eyes flying open, "Petey-"

Peter had only woken up a few times, but the last two, Morgan had been sleeping.

Her breathing quickened, a sharp pain shot up her spine, "Shit-Peter-" She jumped onto her feet, "I'm gonna go get somebody-"

"No-" Peter whined desperately, stretching out his hand, "No, stay here-"

She turned, "But-"

"Please."

She darted her eyes between the door and his face. She hesitated, before answering, "Okay."

Peter pointed to the chair, "Sit-" He rolled his head back, taking a moment to breathe.

Morgan collapsed back into the chair and shuffled closer, "Cho-" She choked out, "Cho said you might be ready for surgery....next week if you're-" If your body doesn't give up, if you hold on.

He nodded, "Can-can we not talk-about-that?"

"Yeah." She hung her head, "Sorry."

"No-" He moved his hand, "Not your fault."

Morgan scooted over, taking her hand, "Did you hear? Flash-" The corner of her mouth twitched into a smile, "Flash phoned, to ask how you were doing."

Peter's face lit up, "He did?"

"Yeah."

"That's..." His throat cracked, "That's nice."

"And there's loads of Spider-Man events going on."

"Have you..." He stuttered, "Have you been?"

"No." She shook her head, "I don't wanna leave you."