Chapter 11

You are lying on your bed, staring at the ceiling while playing with your fingers. You don't know until when you are gonna hide Jin from everyone. You just hoped that Beomgyu nor your mother will never see him here.

"How long have you been friends with her?"Jin asked referring to Jisoo, he is also lying down beside you on your bed. You wanted him to feel how soft the mattress feels like.

"It's been two years"you replied then he hummed in response.

You looked at him and he's staring at the ceiling as well. His features are so well sculptured. He could be called perfection.

"I'm curious about something"you started as you face him.

"Go ahead"

"What happens when you remove the bracelet? Like when you're not on a bathtub or anywhere with water. Also, what happens when you go back to the ocean but you don't take the bracelet off?"you asked.

"My tail still comes out if I remove the bracelet even though I'm not in water but it takes more time. I could still walk around for like 5 minutes. I never tried not taking off the bracelet on water"he chuckled. He sat up so you did the same.

"That's interesting"you stated. Jin smiled at your response.

"You're so kind..I bet every creature like you is the same"you said which made him silent for a while.

Did I say something wrong?

"Beware of sirens"he muttered.

"Aren't they the same as mermaids?"you asked.

"Sirens are dangerous"

"We don't get along with them that well. They don't belong in kingdoms. Just beware of them"he added. He seemed like not wanting to talk about it even more so you didn't continue asking about it even though you were curious.

You remembered the shell key chain Jisoo gave you. You took it from your drawer and showed it to Jin.

"It seems different from what you gave me but it's still cute"you said as he took it from your hands. He caressed it and examined it closely, furrowing his eyebrows.

"It's fake"he stated. Your eyes widened at his statement.

"What? You can tell that!?"

He nodded. No wonder why it felt different from what he gave you.

"You're so cool"you complimented. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

You're glad that Jin started to become more comfortable with you these days. You became closer to each other. He's starting to show you his true self and same goes to you. He would sometimes throw jokes out of nowhere but even though they're not funny sometimes, you still tried to laugh.

"Do you want to go outside?"you asked.

"Get more seashells?"
You shook your head.

"No..I mean around the city. I promised to take you on a tour so maybe we could start tomorrow after my shift, if that's okay with you"you suggested.

"Sounds good to me"

"Just tell me where you want to go so that I'll bring you there, okay?"

He nodded.

"You should sleep now, you still have work tomorrow. I'm going downstairs, goodnight"he said and waved at you.

"Goodnight, Jin"

---

You crossed your arms as you watch Hoseok and Yoongi bicker infront of you. They have been arguing who is gonna take out the garbage since you did it last time.

"Just play rock paper scissors. That's what Hoseok and I did"you stated, making them look at you. They started to play it immediately and Yoongi won.

"Wait, No! Up to three"Hoseok complained.

"It's done already, I won!"

"Up to three"

"But I won already"

You sighed.

"Up to three so that it will be fair"you spoke.

"No. I won already"Yoongi defended.

"Okay.. There's not much difference. If Hoseok takes it out today, you're gonna do it the next day anyway"you said.

"Fine"Hoseok agreed. You clapped since their argument finally ended.

"I'll go ahead now. See you tomorrow" you said after removing your apron, hanging it on the staff's room.

You grabbed your bag and headed outside the restaurant. You continued walking until you noticed something.
Jin is waiting for you outside, his hands on his pocket.

"Hey"you greeted. He smiled when he noticed you're there already.

"So what do you wanna do tonight?"you asked.

"I uhm talked to a fish earlier but don't worry. No one saw me and I asked for suggestions and the fish said street foods are popular. I haven't heard of it so I wanted to try"he explained.

"I hope it's not expensive though"he added.

"Don't worry about it. It's been a while since I ate street foods so let's go now. I'm hungry~"you said, grabbing his hand then you started to run.

"Wait! My legs.. I didn't practice this yet"he whined but you didn't mind. He has to get used to this, he started running with you anyway.

You decided to use public transportation instead of using your car so that he will be able to know about it.

You stopped running and lead the way. You continued to look back at him a few times, checking if he's still following you. You arrived at a bus stop and he seems confused.

"Is your car broken?"he asked.

"No but you have to experience this"you replied.

"I don't know what to do there"he said nervously. You patted his shoulder, comforting him.

"You can do it. You just have to pay then take a seat and wait to get off at your destination"you explained. He nodded slowly.

Both of you waited for the bus and there are also a few people waiting for it. He kept his hands on his pockets. You felt proud that he improved in blending in with people.

Soon, a bus arrived and stopped in front of you. You grabbed his hand and made him get on first. You paid for both of you and sat near the window with him. You made sure he is beside the window so that he could see what's outside.

"That wasn't so hard"he whispered on your ear.

"Told you"you smiled. The bus started moving and Jin stared outside the window.

"Where are we going?"he asked.

"There's a famous street full of vendors selling street food. The view is good there as well"you replied. He nodded and looked outside the window again. He would mouth 'wow' every time he sees something fascinating to him.

"The lights at night are amazing, right?"you gushed.

"Yeah but.."his smile faded away and his expression turned into a serious one as he faced you.

"Why is there something that shines brighter than them?"

I swear if you are gonna say it's me, I'm gonna-

"My handsome face"he spoke, interrupting your thoughts.

A/N:
Hi everyone ~ Thanks for reading this chapter :)) I just want to say something about sirens that was mentioned. In this story, I would classify sirens as  some kind of evil 'mermaids' so I hope you don't get confused. Stay tune for more chapters :) Anyways, don't forget to vote!
Stat safeee❤️