Chapter 37: Direct Promotion

The sound of rain rang out in the night.

There were only a few night lights in the room — the light was not bright, just enough for Gu YuMian to see the fur on the baby panda and his various tools. Gu YuMian picked up two combs and brushed the baby panda, cleaned and dried him. This kind of light gave people a sense of security, and Gu YuMian’s voice was soft.

“If you don’t love to shower, you’d better comb your hair regularly.” Gu YuMian explained as he rubbed his homemade conditioner in the palm of his hand. “It can remove dirt and parasites on the hair, and also promote blood circulation, which is good for your health.”

For example, Gu YuMian combed the fur of the little snow leopard at least once a day. Even if he removed the falling fur to prevent it from being eaten by mistake, Gu YuMian didn’t often show this on the live broadcast — because it took a long time.

The smell of the conditioner was like an autumn wind, full of leaves and pine trees, and had a slight bitterness and fresh fragrance. It was light but inexplicably impressive. The baby panda sniffed Gu YuMian’s hand, his round eyes were big, and his head was askew in the soft palm.

He liked the fragrance.

Gu YuMian’s five fingers gently rubbed over the baby panda’s head, and the baby panda’s soft fur ran through the long fingers. The familiar touch made him bend his eyes, “Does YuanYuan like the smell of leaves, too?”

Almost none of the pandas he raised didn’t dislike them. Big Wok especially liked to collect dead leaves for him in autumn. 1

The word ‘like’ attracted the attention of the little snow leopard, who nodded slightly and squinted.

No one in the barrage realized the details.

[I like the scent, too!] 

[I prefer Mian Mian’s touching. Wuwu.]

[Sending fireworks, crazy sending fireworks, I feel so happy now.]

Even in this slower paced time, because there were more than thirty million people online, there were also a lot of bullet screens. This was the amount that many anchors couldn’t even reach for several years, and this number was still being updated.

——However, Gu YuMian’s ranking on the real-time popularity list actually rose two places, and his popularity ranking on that day was also rapidly approaching the top ten.

“I’m going to help YuanYuan brush his hair. First, I’ll wipe him with a hot towel, then brush his hair and dry it,” Gu YuMian said, touching baby panda’s ears. “YuanYuan, you must tell me if it feels wrong, okay?”

The baby panda gave a positive sound to show that he understood. The hair of the adult giant panda was actually coarse, while that of the young giant panda was much softer. Gu YuMian had the baby panda in his arms with the little snow leopard dozing off on his shoulder. It was hard to tell whose fur was softer.

It was a sweet trouble.

——From the start, as soon as Gu YuMian said that he wanted to groom, many new audience members on Capital Star immediately began to hesitate to pick up their holographic device.

They were a little afraid of suffering from being brushed, but were also reluctant to leave this atmosphere that let them feel nostalgic and relaxed.

[A Piece of Cool Breeze: I’ve been on the edge of exiting the holographic mode again and again. But I couldn’t leave as soon as the anchor touched me. I loved it very much! QAQ]

[White Pear Blossom, Lili: Sorry, I risked turning on the holographic device. orz. I can also watch the flourishing beauty of MianMian on the light screen, because I’m really afraid of the pain, Wuwu, and I’ll smash a firework first.]