Chapter 46: Tonkotsu Ramen

Almost at the same second the live broadcast came on air, thousands of people immediately swarmed in. In the blink of an eye, the audience crossed six figures, and the barrages swarmed in one by one.

[There’s a family in the mine: MianMian’s on air!!! I said, as long as you live long, what is waiting? Was that the hot spring in chaikeshan? Looking forward to it! ]

[Vivian: The live broadcast of the first two days was too short, isn’t it so short today?! The Academy of Sciences is so popular that it can take advantage of the popularity of his live broadcast. It’s getting shorter. Please don’t be so unpopular. How about us? QAQ]

[Brown Sea 53: Short for the first two days + 1. So what are you going to eat today? And what about the hot springs?? 5555 I collapsed happily on the sofa with my bare head in my arms.]

[Green Tea Milk Flower: New people enter the pit and punch in the card.]

Within five minutes, a large number of spectators poured in, reaching more than eight million.

“We’ll try to stay live for a long time today,” Gu YuMian said, not expecting everyone’s deep complaints about the previous two days of live broadcast. “We’ll make something delicious tonight and hold a lottery, okay?”

[Fuck, a lottery?!] 

[I’ll listen to you.] 

[I didn’t expect that! 555!] 

[With such a popular anchor, it would be okay to do more.]

Of course, there was a matching kitchen in the parent-child room, but Gu YuMian didn’t plan to make a complicated dinner.

Octopus and Tonkotsu ramen 1— it was easy to make more ramen. It was also a pleasure to have a bowl of hot ramen after being in a hot spring

“Well, let’s not talk much. Let’s start.”

Of course, it was important to boil some pork bone broth until it was fresh and mellow. This synthetic pork bone was also one of the new gains from Gu YuMian going to the Academy of Sciences. Gu YuMian cleaned the pork bones, added enough water, boiled them over the hot fire, and soon, a layer of impurities floated on the surface.

About to grab a long spoon to skim the froth, he turned to see the baby fox holding the long spoon with two small front claws. He handed it to Gu YuMian, shyly lowering his eyes as he was touched by Gu YuMian.

“Thank you, QiuQiu.”

Since the very sensible little fox came to his family, Gu YuMian’s tasks became a lot easier.

Since the baby panda was too naive and slow to do anything, Gu YuMian was reluctant to let him help. When the little snow leopard first came, Gu YuMian would serve him and help him later, but he was not as understanding as the little fox.

The snow leopard’s face was expressionless, “…”

Gu YuMian carried the snow leopard, who was obviously sour again, into his arms. He sometimes felt that he had a fox, a panda cub and a lemon.

He didn’t expect that the audience would begin to play with emojis, and brush a series of ‘I am as sour as Xue Tuan.’

In addition to the delicious food and Gu YuMian himself, many of the audience members came for the atmosphere of Gu YuMian’s home, and the warm interactions between Gu YuMian and the children.

Gu YuMian also smiled, and went on to the next step. He added two spoonfuls of vinegar to the pot to make it fresh. He sliced onion, ginger and garlic, cut them into sections for seasoning, added two pieces of ham, and then boiled it over a low heat. At the same time, he explained, “Ham is naturally salty, so there is no need to add salt.”

Bone broth produced a light, medium and thick texture. Gu YuMian did an action that the audience did not expect.

——Instead of making broth, he fished out the pork bones and ham with a slotted spoon, and put the remaining bone broth directly into the refrigerator for cold storage. On Ancient Earth it would be refrigerated for a day. Now it was enough to set the parameters for half a minute. When he took it out, the bone soup turned into a translucent jelly.

Gu YuMian carefully skimmed the solidified oil off of the surface of the ‘jelly’ with a spoon, and then explained, “In this way, the soup and oil can be separated, and the final soup will be more refreshing, and the less fat you take, the healthier you will be…” He helped little Tangyuan knead his belly with some heartache. YuanYuan couldn’t get any more fat.

The baby panda held Gu YuMian’s palm and was at a loss, ‘What’s going on?’

More or less, the audience had guessed what was happening and there was another kind of “hahaha” on the screen.

It didn’t take long for Gu YuMian’s live studio to be on the homepage’s real-time popularity list again. His popularity began to soar on Friday, and while the traffic began to soar, it climbed all the way to the top.

He put the jelly like soup into the pot, heated it and boiled it. When it was boiling and making bubbling sounds, he even poured in half a box of fresh cream.

The bone broth and fresh cream were evenly mixed and the milky, thick soup was steaming. Soon there was a strong and mellow fragrance coming from the pot.

Author has something to say:

Sorry for the short chapter. I don’t feel very well. Will make up for it in the next chapter.