Chapter 58

[User 1873: I was moved the second I smelled this congee. This is the scent of autumn.]

[Vivian: I’m totally in love with congee now. Whatever MianMian makes is light, fresh and not greasy. It’s good for health and wuwu (unfortunately, I can’t drink it)]

[There’s a Cloud: I haven’t seen the anchor for a long time. I took my idiot cousin to grey Saturn to sketch some time ago. Is this seafood congee? It looks delicious. Here are some fireworks!]

[South China tiger will never blind date: I am alive again!!! MianMian aaaaah! Long time no see, MianMian and his cubs are more lovely!!]

Gu YuMian thought, No wonder I haven’t seen these two familiar IDs for a long time.

“Welcome back.” Gu YuMian made a bow with the little snow leopard, smiled and stirred the congee with the spoon… “The congee will be ready in a little while. Would you like to try it for me?”

When the pot was about to be ready, the bamboo shoots and greens were added by Gu YuMian to decorate it with a fresh green color. The golden, tender red and glutinous white was the attractive color to the seafood congee. Gu YuMian placed his family’s hope for the next generation of cooking skills on the little fox. When cooking, occasionally he would intentionally teach some knowledge to QiuQiu.

Gu YuMian took a paper and folded it into a chef’s hat for the little fox to wear on his head. The little fox was a little nervous, shy and nodded seriously. Gu YuMian then held him and asked him to hold the long spoon handle to stir the congee. 

“When cooking congee, you need to stir it often, or it’s easy to burn the bottom of the pot,” Gu YuMian explained to the audience as he watched the little fox stir the congee. “Then you’ll have to throw it out.”

The little fox’s technique was similar to that of using a stirring stick to stir the solution in a beaker during an experiment, and coupled with his face stretched like he was facing an enemy, Gu YuMian couldn’t help rubbing his little head.

The baby panda watched the edge of the small pot for a long time. His round eyes were very bright. If Gu YuMian hadn’t stopped him, maybe this little guy would have buried himself in the congee. The little snow leopard was dismissive of the other two cubs, but in fact, he was also very concerned.

“All right, all right.” Gu YuMian turned off the fire, set the portable oven to the heat preservation mode, and filled a small bowl for each of the three children to warm their stomachs first, “Drink it, don’t burn yourself.”

Gu YuMian’s congee was the best.

It was a kind of enjoyment to watch the delicious congee simmer on the stove. Filled in a small white porcelain bowl, drinking in the stomach was a kind of happiness.

——The rice was completely cooked until it was soft, tender, fragrant and smooth, and immersed in the fresh taste of shrimp and square fish. The whole taste was fragrant, strong and glutinous. A little hot congee was swallowed, and the whole person was instantly cured.

Not to mention the shrimp wrapped in the congee and fried fish with garlic slices. They were tender and crispy. When it was crunchy, delicious juice flowed into their mouths. It was not light or too much. After a sip, it made them want more.

The baby panda, “Chii!”

The chubby little Tangyuan held the spoon and the bowl directly and stopped, happily kicking his short legs. The fox implicitly shook his big tail, while the snow leopard quickly drank the whole bowl of congee with his head down and reservedly asked Gu YuMian for another bowl.