Chapter 60: A Family of Five

The next day, when Gu YuMian got up, the little snow leopard had become a lazy ball in his arms, and the other three children… The baby panda was stuck on the soft sofa, sleeping with a big fluffy tail in his arms. The little fox curled up carefully next to him.

Gu YuMian didn’t see the little husky. When he took back his gaze doubtfully, he almost laughed — the little guy had grabbed the edge of the bed with his paw, and kept a fierce look of contempt as he fell asleep on the floor.

He had probably wanted to climb to the top of the couch but he had felt too sleepy before reaching it. He didn’t need to guess that the little snow leopard was the one who took YuanYuan, QiuQiu and Er Ha out of bed in the middle of the night.

“TuanTuan,” Gu YuMian took the three cubs to bed, then sighed and tapped the little snow leopard’s forehead, “You’re not young. Why are you so childish?”

The little snow leopard was half-asleep and half-awake. He knew that Gu YuMian was saying he was not good. He was unreasonable. He put his face on the floor and grabbed his finger.

Gu YuMian, “……”

After washing and cleaning, he made breakfast. First, he checked the lost notice of his cub registered in the official neighborhood committee — no parents came to claim him.

Two strangers called, but Gu YuMian didn’t have permission to call back, so he had to wait for the other party to call again.

“Drink some soymilk and fry a cake this morning.”

Gu YuMian now missed his regular breakfast.

In his last life, when he was studying in Sichuan, he would have a small bowl of noodle for breakfast, or bean milk with pancakes. The smooth hot bean milk with fragrant pancakes would leave him in a good mood all day long.

Gu YuMian mixed flour, cornmeal, eggs and oil to make a batter, and then kneaded the dough with flour. The children got up again and again.

After kneading the dough, he washed his hands and took a hot towel to help the fox clean his face, “QiuQiu, is YuanYuan still asleep?”

The little fox chirped twice, which meant that the baby panda and the little husky were asleep.

“Okay, thank you. You’re amazing.” The little fox was the most insecure child in the family, so Gu YuMian praised him more every day. He picked up the fox and let him put his head on the collar of his coat. The fox shyly held his tail and drew up into Gu YuMian’s arms.

The little snow leopard lay on Gu YuMian’s shoulder and gave the little fox a cold glance.

Gu YuMian rubbed his small head, cut the dough into small pieces, and rolled them into pancakes with a rolling pin. Then, he fried the pancakes in hot oil until they were crispy — the golden pancakes were bubbling with oil, fragrant and crispy.

After making the crispy cakes, he then made the pancakes. Gu YuMian scooped a spoon of batter and put it into the pot. He made the batter into a full circle at the bottom of the pot, beat two eggs and spread them evenly over the top.

In the sound of the hot oil popping, the golden egg pancake was also completed.

The bacon and lettuce for the side dishes were prepared long ago. Gu YuMian filled out the pancakes and began to add things to the pancakes under the eyes of the little fox and the little snow leopard.