CHAPTER 43: Assumptions

BELLA PARKER

When we reached home, Liam dragged me straight up to our room. After we were in, he locked the door.

He just stared at me. He didn't say anything. I was trying to control my tears the whole car ride. This time I broke down, they started flowing down, I couldn't control my tears anymore. I started hitting his chest.

"I hate you."

"I hate you."

"I hate you."

"I hate you."

"I hate you."

He held my hands pulling me close to him he said "Who put this thing in your head that I love Brittany?"

"Why would anyone have to put this in my head? I know it." I said sobbing.

"First calm down. How did you know it?"

"S-She was with you in y-your office today."

"Today? When?"

"When I called you in the morning, she picked up the call."

"You called me?" He asked in confusion.

I nodded.

"I was not in my office in the morning." He said making me confused now. Liam thought for sometime "Shit!"

"What?"

"I forgot my phone in my office and she was there, maybe that time you have called."

"But you still love her."

Liam sighed. "Why are you making things complicated Bella? Why would I love Brittany?"

"Because she is your ex-wife. A divorce can't change what you feel for her."

"Ex-wife? What the hell are you talking about Bella? Who told you that she was my wife?"

Why is he asking these stupid questions?

"Why would anyone have to tell me? She is Ryan's mother and Ryan is your son."

Liam stared at me in disbelief. He then rubbed his face with his hand. "Stop making assumptions Bella. If you want to know anything you can ask me, stop making fucking assumptions."

"T-Then w-who is Brittany? Why is she calling Ryan h-her s-son? And what's your relationship with her? I-I don't understand anything Liam." I asked in confusion.

Liam looked away as if he was not wanting to answer my question. "Liam, you're hiding something."

"Bella, I-I... it's complicated."

I looked down. I don't know why I felt bad that he doesn't trust me enough to tell me anything.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me." I said still looking down fidgeting with my fingers.

Liam came closer to me and placed his hand under my chin making me look up at him. "My past is horrible Bella. I used to get nightmares until you came. Every night when I held you in my arms, it felt good. I felt relieved, I felt that someone is with me too and it's not just me being with someone. You make me feel that it's not just about being alive, it's about living too. Living in the moment. I am happy when I am with you."

I didn't have anything to say, I kept staring in his eyes that showed me how broken he was from inside.

"Someday or the other I have to tell you this. I can't always hide this part of my life from you forever."

He looked at me and gulped hard. "Ryan, h-he is not my son."

My eyes widened. Saying that I was shocked would be an understatement I was beyond that. "W-What?"