the sewer

"You didn't have to do that Bill

"You didn't have to do that Bill." Sabrina said as her and Bill rode their bikes to her house. "I wanted to. You me-mean a lot t-to me Bri." Bill said and she smiled at him saying, "You mean a lot to me too." As they rode the wind blew through her hair making it flow.

Bill watched on how beautiful it was. He always thought she was beautiful, kind, caring, brave and a strong person. It's one of the reasons why he was in love with her. Sabrina thought he was cute, nice, loving, protective, brave and a strong person. She thought his stutter was really cute.

They were in front of Sabrina's house. "See you la-later?" Bill asked. "Yeah, see you soon!" Sabrina said putting her bike in front of her garage and soon entering her house. Bill went to his house and Sabrina's dad was at work while her mom was home. Her sister and brother were home too.

"I'm home!" Sabrina said. "Okay. How was your last day of school?" Kathleen asked. "Good! I might go hang out with Bill and them later. Is that okay?" Sabrina asked. "Of course, you'll just have to be back before seven." Kathleen said. "Okay." Sabrina said grabbing chopped celery and ranch.

Sabrina went to her room and listened to her stereo while she ate and read a book. Soon later, She heard her phone ring. She shut off her stereo and put her book down. She answered the phone and said, "Hello?" Sabrina said.

"Bri, I'm heading to your house. Is that okay?" Bill said. "Yeah, I'll be outside." Sabrina said. "O-o-okay" Bill said. Sabrina hung up and grabbed her backpack. She got her plate that had ranch on it. She went down stairs and put her paper plate in the garbage.

She went to her front door and got her shoes on. She saw her mom and said, "Mom! I'm heading out to go wait for Bill." Sabrina said. "Okay! Love you and be back before seven!" Kathleen said and Sabrina said, "Love you too!" She walked out and got her bike.

She soon saw Bill come with Richie and Stan. "He-hey Bri" Bill said. "Hey! Now heading to Eddie's?" Sabrina said. "Yeah" Stan said and the four headed to Eddie's house.

Bill, Richie and Sabrina knocked on Eddie's door and Eddie let them in while Stan stayed outside. They went into the kitchen.

They opened some of the kitchen's cabinets and looked at some food to put in their bags. "Take everything but the Delicious Deals, guys. My mom loves them. Hey! First you said the Barrens, and now you're saying the sewer. I mean, what if we get caught?"

"We won't, Eds. The sewers are public works. We're the public, aren't we?" Sabrina said as she was next to Bill. Richie opened the medicine cabinet and said, "Hey, Eddie, these your birth control pills?" Eddie told him, "Yeah, and I'm saving it for your sister. This is private stuff." Eddie said.

The four began to head to the front door to leave. "Eddie Bear, where are you kids off to in such a rush?" Mrs. Kaspbrak said.

"Um... J-ju-just my backyard, Mrs. K. I got a new..." Bill said and couldn't think of anything. "A new croquet set." Sabrina said. "Yeah! Jeez, spit it out, Bill!" "Okay. Oh, and sweetie, don't go rolling around on the grass. Especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get." Mrs. Kaspbrak said.

"Yes, Mom. Let's go." Eddie said as they soon were leaving but his mom said, "Aren't you forgetting something?" Eddie walked over kissing his mom's cheek. Richie was quietly laughing as Bill and Sabrina smirked, trying not to laugh. "Do you want one from me too, Mrs. K?" Richie said and Eddie pushed the three out and said as he closed the door, "Sorry, Mommy."

The five then rode on their bikes to the sewer they we're going to. Sabrina, Bill, Eddie, Richie, and Stan had come to the sewer entrance. Eddie said, "I don't know. I guess." He dropped his bike as opposed to putting the kickstand down.

Stan said as he was pointing at some of the plants around them, "That's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy." Eddie said, "Where? Where's the poison ivy?" Sabrina turned towards Stan saying, "Nowhere. Not every plant is poison ivy, Stanley."

Eddie said as Sabrina, Bill and Richie entered the sewers, "Okay, well I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure this is not good for my..." Richie said, "Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" Eddie said, "Sometimes, yeah." Richie said, "Then you probably have crabs." Eddie said as Sabrina and Bill walked further into the sewers, "That's so not funny."

Richie was looking back at Eddie and Stan, who are just standing outside. "Aren't you guys coming in?" Richie said and Eddie said as he pointed at the water, "Uh-uh. It's greywater." Richie asked "What the hell's greywater?"

Eddie said, "It's basically piss and shit. So I'm just telling you, you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee. So..." Richie picked up a stick and sniffed it and Eddie said, "Are you-- Are you serious? What are you...?"

Richie was speaking in a Spanish accent "Doesn't smell like caca to me, señor." Eddie said, "Okay, I can smell that from here." Richie said, "It's probably just your breath wafting back into your face." Eddie scoffed and said, "Have you ever heard of a staph infection?" "Oh, I'll show you a staph infection." Richie said and Stan rolled his eyes.

Eddie said to Richie, "This is so unsanitary. You're literally... This is literally like swimming inside of a toilet bowl right now." Richie used his stick to pick up a grimy trash bag. "Have you ever heard of Listeria?" Eddie said and Richie grinned deviously and threw the trash bag at Eddie. Eddie screamed as the bag lands at his feet. "Are you-- Are you retarded!?" Eddie yelled.

Sabrina and Bill, meanwhile, had discovered an abandoned shoe. They looked at each other and Bill picked it up. "You're the reason why we're in this position right now." Eddie said and Bill said as he was turning around after examining the shoe with Sabrina, "Guys!"

Stanley said thinking it was Georgie's, "Shit. Don't tell me that's..." Sabrina said as Eddie felt tense. "No. Georgie wore galoshes." Sabrina remembered what he wore that day when he disappeared. Eddie asked, "Whose sneaker is it?" Bill shined his flashlight over the shoe so he and Sabrina can examine it more closely, and they see the words "B. Ripsom" on it.

Sabrina said, "It's Betty Ripsom's..." Eddie said, "Oh, shit. Oh, God. Oh, fuck! I don't like this." Richie said, "How do you think Betty feels? Running around these tunnels with only one frickin' shoe?" Richie lifted his foot off the ground with some amusement and chuckled, then looked at Sabrina and Bill, realizing this is nothing to joke about.

Stanley said, "What if she's still here?" Richie said as Sabrina, Bill and Richie go further into the tunnel. "Eddie, come on!" Eddie said, "My mom will have an aneurysm, okay? If she finds out we're playing down here. I'm serious. Bill? Sabrina?"

Bill said, turning to face Eddie, "If... If I was Betty Ripsom, I would want us to find me. Georgie too." Eddie said, "What if I don't want to find them? I mean, no offense, Bill, but I don't want to end up like... I don't want to go missing, either." Stan said, "He has a point."

"You too? Seriously Stan?" Sabrina said. "Brina! It's summer! We're supposed to be having fun!" Richie looked at Bill and Sabrina and he shrugged. "This isn't fun. This is scary and disgusting." Stan said to them.

At that moment, the new kid, Ben Hanscom collapsed from exhaustion in the water behind them. Eddie and Stan jumped and turned around at the sound of the splashing water. Ben attempted to stand up, but lost his balance and fell to his knees again.

Richie said as he, Sabrina and Bill came out of the tunnel to see Ben, "Holy shit. What happened to you?" Ben looked up at them as Eddie and Stan hurried over to help him up.