56

My stomach felt like it was doing backflips and cartwheels on a treadmill.

Nervousness has to be my worst trait and right now I've never hated it more as I stared down at the plastic object on my counter. I had read the box sixteen times in the span of three minutes and yet I felt nervous as I grabbed the handle and looked closer.

This make your own hot chocolate ball was taking forever.

The plastic chocolate mold was cracked and broken in multiple places from how I struggled to take the chocolate ball out and the chocolate itself was starting to turn soft.

I yell in frustration before snatching up the tray and throwing it right back into the freezer. I only opened the dang package because Dion left me to go grab some snacks and I'm waiting for this pregnancy test to finally get done.

Did I take it after he left? Yes.
Am I scared for no reason? Yes.
Will I tell him immediately? Maybe.

I know how bad he wants kids and had been acting so crazy ever since we decided to try. Every night he'd kiss my tummy and he always had to have his hand resting on it whether I was cooking, sleeping, or getting ready for work. He almost made me late yesterday because he wanted to give the baby a "pep talk" and tell it to behave while I worked.

I looked down at my tummy and couldn't help my smile at the thought of what could possibly come. Months would pass and my belly would get bigger as Dion showered me with love and then I'd finally give birth and we would be the cutest little family..

I sigh dreamily and make my way back to the bathroom, my eyes instantly landing on the plastic strip sitting out boldly. I stop in the door way and close my eyes before holding my hands in prayer, "Please be positive! And let the baby look like him!" I say a quick amen before hesitantly walking up to the pregnancy test.

A bold plus sign say on the screen and I couldn't help my scream as I threw it back into the sink.

"I'm pregnant!" I look at myself in the mirror and cup my hands over my mouth, "I, Jocelyn Davis, soon to be Jocelyn Miller, am pregnant as fuck!" I scream again and look back at the test, making sure my eyes aren't deceiving me.

"Positive." Everything felt like a rush as I got lightheaded and leaned against the sink. How am I gonna tell Dion? Should I surprise him? Christmas is around the corner and honestly there is no better time to tell him. Just by his reaction in the office alone was enough to make me decide.

I quickly grab the test and make my way to my closet. I look around through my stuff before I pull out an old purse. I plop it right inside and sigh contently as I wipe my hands, "And now we wait."

__________

DION POV

My hands were freezing as I shoved them deeper into my pockets. The jewelers was still two more blocks away and I know I had to get there quick if I wanted a decent enough time to actually look around for Jocelyn.

"I hope she don't get suspicious." I could only shake my head as I remembered how I told her I would go out and get her some chocolate. She told me it wasn't that deep and to stay home but I brushed it off because inside I honestly hope it's pregnancy cravings.

Just the thought of Jocelyn carrying our kids damn near made me skip down the sidewalk and start whistling.

It's also the reason I'm really on this side of the city anyway. I wanted to get my future wife a ring but it had to be special and I could only find something unique in this district.

The blue flag decorated in diamonds waved wildly in the wind as I made my way up the front steps and through the thick glass door.

"Hello sir. Welcome to Bascuchi's. Is there anything particular you are looking for today?" The woman greets me with a smile and I make my way towards the glass cases, each and every one filled with priceless jewelry and glittering watches. I nod my head, "Yeah I'm looking for an engagement ring for my girl.." She makes her way from behind the counter and leads me to the middle of the store, "These are our newest in. The price starting at ten thousand." She eyed me as she says the price but I ignored it as I nodded.