The Marauders Map and its lies

"Please keep you and Ms

"Please keep you and Ms. l/n's late night rendezvous to after Black has been caught."

harry pov

"Are you sure about this?" Professor Lupin asked me. Holidays were over and it was finally time for him to teach me how to fight the dementors like we agreed. 

"You know this is very advanced magic, well beyond the ordinary wizarding level."

"Im sure" I answered

"Alright then, the spell Im trying to teach you is called the Patronus Charm, have you ever heard of it?"

I shook my head no.

"Well, a Patronous is a kind of positive force and for a wizard who can conjure one, it works like a sheild the dementor will feed off of it instead of the wizard its made by."

"How do you conjure it?" I asked

"You need to think of a memory, not just any. A very happy memory. A memeory that could get you through the worst of times and still keep you smiling."

I thought to the very first time I rode a broom. The feeling it gave me was undescribable and I knew then that was what I wanted to do for many years to come.

After a moment Professor Lupin spoke up again "All right now close your eyes and allow that memory to fill you up. Then speak the incantation, Expecto Patronum." 

"Expecto Patronum." I repeated.

"Very good. Wand at the ready." He instructed.

I pulled my wand out and Professor Lupin began to unlock the chest. I pointed my wand at it and took a deep breath. 

He opened the chest and a dementor flew out into the air. Its eyes or where its eyes should be locked on me and it started heading right for me.

"Expecto Patronum!" I yelled, thinking of the feeling of soaring through the sky on my broom.

Nothing happed so I yelled again "Expecto-" but was cut off when everything started going black. I heard the womans voice again, the same one from the train, yell my name right before I passed out.

~

"Come on sit up, deep breaths." I awoke to Professor Lupin helping me sit up. "I didn't expect you to get it on the first time." He said as he handed me some chocolate.

"Eat this, you'll feel better."

"Thats one nasty dementor." I said as I bit into the chocolate.

Professor Lupin sighed "That was a boggart, a real dementor will be much worse."

Great.

"As a matter of interest, what were you thinking?" he asked me as he sat next to me on the stairs.