The school trip

Your POV

Devils' town secondary school, my hell hole of a private boarding school where I've lived for the past four years. It's considered the best school in England, which is no surprise considering how much is to attend.

I am what most would consider the quiet artsy/nerdy kid top of all my classes, except physical education, but who really needs to be fit anyway.

June 2nd 9:00

The bell rung as I left my dorm, I checked to see what I had I was delighted to see that I had art, my favourite class, first. As I carried my sketchbook down the corridor under my arm, I suddenly heard the announcer say to go to the assembly hall as they were about to make an announcement.

I shrugged and made my way down there. As I walked down the last set of stairs, I saw my friends waiting for me as they knew my down was the furthest from the assembly hall you could possibly be.

"(Y/n), how long does it take you to get here," said Howard, my friend since forever, exasperated. "We know your dorm is at the very back of the school but seriously we've been waiting almost fifteen minutes for you" complained my other friend Rhys.
"So, let's stop wasting time in here and go inside then" I said to the two annoyed boys.

We went into the assembly hall and sat down at the Year 11 table near the centre of the hall and we took the last spaces available next to the entrance to the hall. There were no teachers there yet so we all started chatting away amongst ourselves. "(Y/n) do you know what this is about?" asked Rhys.
"I have about as much of a clue as you," I replied quietly.

We all went silent as the headmaster walked in with the other thirty teachers not far behind him as they walked up to the curved table on the stage that was just big to fit them all comfortably. I would hate being a teacher here having to see every other teacher every single day, it would just be annoying. Especially if I don't like any of them.

Anyway, getting back on topic, as the teachers sat, the headmaster stayed standing as he waited for the last few whisperers to shut up. I noticed that the whispers were coming from the year 7 table, typical.

"I will keep standing here until I hear complete silence, but I understand if you want the possibility of missing out on a two-month long school trip," said the headmaster calmly as he knew that would get their attention directed towards him. "You did hear me correctly, a two-month long school trip this one is even going to be on a different planet." Now that got everyone's attention, including mine.
"May I introduce our guests to tell you more about this special, once in a lifetime, experience."

After he finished speaking the old wooden doors, at the entrance to hall right next to me, opened revealing the most beautiful person I had ever seen. I mean the blue and yellow one was alright but it was the black and white one that caught my attention. "The diamonds were kind enough to give our school an opportunity to visit Homeworld, I will leave the rest of the talking to them."

The white one, which I assumed was White Diamond was the first to speak "We decided to open up Homeworld to young minds so that they can learn about gems and gem culture as we have been able to learn about humans, we thought it only fair." All I could do was stare at her lips while she was talking, once she finished, she glanced at me and gave me a smile. Just going to ignore what just happened, wait did she see me staring, oh no I'm so embarrassed.

"We will be able to only take a handful of people, so we decided to take the top ten people from years 11, 12 and 13 as we will be taking students from the top five schools across the country," announced the yellow one, going by the diamond on her chest I'm guessing she is, named Yellow Diamond.

"We will also be staying in the empty north dorms for the week as we did with the other schools to see who we will taking to Homeworld with us, we will also be watching you in lessons," said Blue Diamond ending their speech. North dorms great, wait north dorms that's where I am and there are three empty dorms in my corridor. Since there's only four dorms in each small corridor that means I'm going to be seeing them a lot every single day, great.