𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❥

AMOUR  ▎
CHAPTER EIGHT ━━  the loony one

▎AMOUR  ▎CHAPTER EIGHT ━━  the loony one

━━━━━━━━━━

LYRA WAS FURIOUS, BEYOND FURIOUS when she saw the badges her brother made. Potter Stinks, couldn't he leave Harry alone for one day? "Draco Lucius Malfoy!" she bellowed, storming off on him. Lyra didn't care that almost everyone in the court yard was looking at her. Everyone knew what was going to happen, a Malfoy sibling fight. Draco, already knowing that she would scream at him moved to a less crowded place.

      When he saw what she was holding, he smirked, "You like it? You know, it was not that hard though, just some simple spells and—"

"Shut up!" Lyra snapped. "You're supposed to be the older one but you act like a five year old."

     Draco rolled his eyes. "So you went from liking that veela girl to Potter now? You really have a thing for Triwizard Champions. Who's next, Krum?"

Lyra stared at him, shaking her head. "I don't like Harry nor do I like Fleur," she said, crossing her arms.

     "So that's why you always defend him and come to his rushing aid? I saw you that day, immediately defending him when Weasley didn't believe him. And don't get me started on the way you look at that girl. I've never seen you looking at anyone like THAT-"

"What do you mean by that?" Lyra asked him.

     Draco looked as though he couldn't believe his ears. "Don't tell me you didn't notice? You were literally goggling at her like a lovesick puppy." He leaned against the pillar next to him.

"No I wasn't, just looked at her like any other person in the room. She's maybe like half-veela, that attracts people."

     "Attracts boys," Draco corrected her. "Lyra, I'm your brother so you can be honest—" She wanted to hit back telling him how he had denied that, but his question had temporarily prevented her from talking, " — are you a lesbian?" What in his right mind made him think that she was a lesbian? Yes, she found girls pretty but, most people found that.

"No I'm not," Lyra retorted after some time.

     "Maybe you like boys too, I mean you and Potter-" he tried to say and Lyra cut him off.

"I don't fancy Harry! How many times do I have to say that?"

     "When it is actually believable," he replied, shrugging.

"I wasn't here to have you questioning my sexual orientation, which is straight by the way —" Draco snorted and Lyra went on, "I am merely telling you that you have to leave Harry alone, or you'll deal with me."

     Draco raised an eyebrow. "You sure that you don't like Potter?" Lyra groaned in frustration, of course she didn't like him. Ginny did, and she was in no way physically attracted to him.

As Lyra turned to leave, her brother called how he would try his best to talk as much about her to make Harry never get her out of his head. She had to laugh. One moment, Draco was a shithead and then a genuine nice brother. "Mood switching prick," she mumbled.

     She was on her way to get her equipment for Charms class. The thing her brother said repeating itself in her head. "I've never seen you looking at anyone like that-" Zayna did joke about Fleur Delacour being her girlfriend, still that was just a joke. She couldn't seriously be. . . "OUCH!"

She had gotten something pointy in her eye, which started to tear up. "Oh I'm sorry," apologised a dreamy voice. Lyra wiped up the tears with her sleeve. Her eye still stinging when she took clear look at who had bumped into her. A girl in Ravenclaw uniform with long, straggly blonde hair and silver eyes. She reminded Lyra a bit of herself, just slightly odder. Then she saw what hurt her, the girl's wand that was put behind her left ear.

     "Sorry that I've disturbed your deep thoughts," the girl apologised again. She went on telling her how she should make sure that next time she hurts herself badly, the wracksputs can't make her brain go fuzzy.

"What's a wracksput? " asked Lyra.

     "Oh, daddy has written all about them in the Quibbler," she explained. "He edits it."

Lyra had heard her father talk about it, said it was newspaper for freaks. Her grandfather purposely read it to piss his son off.

"That's edited by Xenophilius Lovegood, right? So you're his daughter."

The Ravenclaw nodded. "Luna," she said, smiling.

     Luna Lovegood, Lyra knew that name. Or rather her nickname Loony Lovegood, people called her that because of her eccentric beliefs and style of clothing as if they weren't all making things go out of sticks.

The two also shared Charms classes together where Luna always sat in the back, alone. Lyra stook out her hand and introduced herself. "I'm Lyra Malfoy."

      "Don't we have charms together?"

"Yes, but I was just on my way to get my stuff. Maybe if I get back we can sit together," Lyra suggested. Luna looked as if she never heard that in her life.

     "I would love that," she squealed, beamed happily.

"See you in a minute," said Lyra, before heading off to the common room to get what she forgot.

When Lyra arrived to class, she saw that Ginny already left a free seat for her. "Hey Gin," greeted Lyra, not sitting down. "Is it good that I sit with someone else today? I met a girl and promised her that I'll sit next with her this class," she whispered.

"Are you trying to replace me?" Ginny joked.

     "Of course not," Lyra promised. "You're the only one that my heart beats for." She winked at her, and went to sit next to Luna.

"She seems nice," Luna said once Lyra sat down next to her.

     Ginny looked different if you sat behind her. It was as if she were a total different person. "Oh she is, but she can be a meanie sometimes," she spoke rather loudly, knowing that Ginny would hear it which she obviously did.

"And Lyra can be a total asshat sometimes." Lyra stook out her tongue at her, Ginny grinned before turning her head to Flitwick who just entered the classroom.

When class ended, Ginny and Luna met. Lyra immediately thought that they could become friends and maybe give Luna some company. Because as her mother liked to say: The more the merrier.

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅❥⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
AUTHORS NOTE
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅❥⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

The way I actually wanted to publish this one before the seventh, wow. But yeah 2 chapters in less than five hours.

ANYWAYS, this hasn't really anything to do with the whole GoF storyline, just introducing a new friendship and building on the sibling relationship that will slowly become more dominant as the story progresses. So although short, is it an important chapter :))))