Chapter 1

"She has a cane?" I heard someone mumbled.

"Is she the one master?" Another asked.

I sighed then went towards an alleyway using my cane to help me walk and waited for them to follow "Hello Miss you have quite the figure now just don't fight back, but if you accept your fate I can pay you well" A noble told me.

I waited until one got behind me then turned and easily tripped them both up with my cane its my speciality "You want to talk to me?" I asked.

They glared at me I saw one is a noble and another is a servant I showed the symbol of my family to the noble one "Pandora?" He mumbled he went pale then screamed and ran leaving his servant behind.

"You don't want to get involved with me you will just end up dead and also get a new master" I gave him some money to get him by until he finds a new job.

I walked out to find William looking around worried then he smiled seeing me "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, just a rat and some poor servant who got pulled into it" I explained.

We got onto the train to take to our new home out in the countryside and I eventually fell asleep on his shoulder.

I felt him kiss my forehead gently "Have a peaceful dream" He whispered as I fell asleep.

I sighed exhausted leaning against a wall hoping to disappear already people just keep staring at me like I'm some freak animal about to attack.

I'm at my second event it's one where noble families bring their kids to try and make connections and arranged marriage contracts.

I just went outside after giving them a smile they got frightened because my family is one of the most esteemed in London and the only family people know not to mess with.

I finally got some fresh air and let out the breath I was holding "Finally away from the asses" I sighed in relief.

I saw someone else was outside too staring at the lake with a frown on his face "Wow someone that doesn't fake a smile all the time rare" I mumbled.

I went over to see if he has some sanity unlike the rest of the people here except my family.

"Why does everything have to be about status? Even talking and just looking has to do with it I'm sick of it" He clenched his fists.

"So even going to the bathroom has to do with status as well?" I asked.

I know I'm not talking like a normal noble right now but that's because I feel like this would make him relax more. Also, no one has the guts to gossip about my family they know we will not take kindly to that.

As I mean punch them.

He turned around surprised to see me "Lady Pandora!" He took off his hat and bowed to me.

"You don't need to be so formal you can just call me (name)" I informed him he was even more shocked than before then he had a small smile on his face "Wow a real smile you're a rare one."

"I like to say the same for you Lady (name)" He admitted.

"Now I heard you talking about something interesting" I spoke up to get straight to the point.

He went straight-faced "You must have mishea-"

"I'm not deaf you hate the whole status system right like me?" I asked.

He was unsure but then gathered the courage to slowly nod "Please rant with me" I asked of him I have never had anyone my age who I can rant to who would understand my views.