Chapter 3 - Meeting my new house

"But that is not what your heart desires, is it? Hm, choices choices." I hear that deep voice say clearly into my mind.

"No I do not want Slytherin but its in my blood. Where do I belong?" I say silently.

"You could do amazing things in Sytherin, it is all here you are ambitious and not one willing to back down." The voice says and pauses.

"I see. You are very intelligent. You look at everything with logic. I belive I know where I am going to place you Ms. Malfoy"

"Ravenclaw!" The voice yells aloud this time.

I slowly step down from the stool and walk over to the Ravenclaw table and take a seat next to Luna.

Unfortunately, the Slytherin table is right beside my Ravenclaw one.

Only seconds after I am seated Draco walks up and say, "There must be some mistake, you belong in Slytherin." He says loudly and adds, "I demand she goes to that hat again!"

One of the older Ravenclaws, who I am assuming is a prefect looks him dead in the eye and says, "The hat does not make mistakes Draco. Now go sit down or your house will be losing 5 points."
Draco gives the prefect a death glare and says, "My father will be hearing about this." He then turns to me and adds, "I will come to your common room later. We can talk then."

"Ok Draco. See you later." I say and he turns and walks off.

"Was this the house you wanted?" The girl from earlier, Luna asks me.

"Yes it was." I say with a happy smile to her.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" A man with a very long gray beard says standing up.

The room erupts in applause for the old man standing up.

"I am Albus Dumbledore, the headmaster of this magic school. Now I have a few mandatory annocments to make, one, Quidditch try-outs will be in 3 days. Second, classes start bright and early tomorrow morning. And finaly, the Forbidden Forest is off grounds to all students, unless you would like to die a most painful death." Dumbledore says in a clear yet stern voice and adds, "Now let us enjoy this feast!" He claps his hand togther and food appears on all the platters in front of us.

Every thing you could think of is there. I grab a piece of meatloaf some green beans, mashed potatoes and a piece of buttered bread and put it on my plate. As I dig in, I go to grab my goblet to take a drink and see it is empty.

"Excuse me, why is my cup empty?"I ask the boy in front of me.

"You have to say into it what you want and then it will appear for you." He says and then goes back to eating his own food.

"Butterbeer." I say looking into the goblet and it slowly fills itself up. I take a small sip and it honestly tastes better that out of the bottle.

I nod at the boy in thanks and continue to eat. Once I finish what I have on my plate I grab a small piece of apple pie and finish it.

"Okay! If all Ravenclaws will please follow me up to our tower." The girl prefect yells out and we all get up and follow her out the door and down the hall.

"Now everyone watch your step, These staircases are constantly changing." She says and we all hurry along to the tower.

Once we arrive the prefect grabs the bronze knocker on the door and raps it against the door.

"What has to be broken before you can use it?" A portrait of a old lady asks that is hanging to the left of the door.

"The door will only be opened if you anwser a riddle correctly. If not you must keep trying." The prefect girl says.