Chapter 10: Shock

Time slipped away like nothing ever happened. But that moment of what happened hours ago will continue to haunt you. Outside of the safe house, you nearly forgot what happened. The tickle on your lips never seemed to have left you. That kiss with Sasha... you wanted to forget it because of the awkwardness afterwards... but it was something that will haunt your mind until you came to resolve it.

Sasha never expected it, yet it came so natural to kiss her. Those lips of hers were so soft and gentle... you didn't think of anything else after that. 

Taken aback from your little kiss on her sweet lips, she pulled away with a red blush on her cheeks. Tucking her hair behind her ears, she gazed away from you. Little steps taken away from you, but she wasn't afraid of you. 

Awkward silence began to settle as there was nothing else to say. What was there to say? For her to say something about a kiss like that? Or for you to ask her if she had any feelings towards you?

It all ended with her excusing herself to clean up before dinner. You acknowledged it, not bothering anything else with her. Maybe, you thought, she wanted to have some time alone to think about that whole event. Run it through her head a few more times. 

There must've been a lot going around her mind. What if she truly had an interest in another guy and you stole that kiss away from her? Sasha could be filled to the brim with rage and attempting to hold herself back to not harm you. But there was a possibility such as that.

A warm bath didn't do anything for you. It didn't clear your mind of any regrets or anything else related to that. All it did was rinse all the dirt away from your body. Giving warmth to your body as the sun shrouded away behind the hills and oceans.

After that bath, you went down to fix yourself a meal before you slept the night away.

Surprisingly, Sasha was right there. Usually, she would be gulping plate after plate... but now, she picked at everything with a fork. Many different thoughts swarmed around your mind about why she wasn't eating as she usually did. But all were thoughts that weren't positive.

"Sasha?" You called out to her; she jumped with all surprise in her eyes. "Sasha, a-are you okay?"

She nodded her head, sighing a bit. "(y/n), can we talk...?"

"About... earlier?"

"What else?"

Fixing your meal before sitting down next to her, you gave a heavy sigh before you went to her. Maybe you were reckless about that kiss? Maybe you got to irrational? It was all the same nevertheless. 

You didn't speak first, neither did Sasha. That awkward silence continued to fall between you. A veil that wouldn't be pierced so easily. Whatever happened next would be... intense. 

Sasha began the attempt to break the silence- grasping for words as she only uttered a few sounds, but no words. It was you who finally spoke. "I'm sorry." She was stunned by what you said, but it was true. "Sasha, I'm sorry. I got... how to do I word this correctly...?"

"A little stupid?" She gave a light chuckle, continuing to pick at her food.

"Yeah... that..."

"I... I... uh..."

"Angry at me then? I'll take whatever you throw at me."

Then, unexpectedly, there was a soft chuckle. What was expected was her to get angry, yet she had accepted it? Funnily, Sasha smiled and stopped picking at her food. You opened your mouth to ask if she was alright again, but she continued to speak.

"(y/n), out of every guy that I know, you're the next person in line to do something that bold. The only one I could think of is Eren... but you, (y/n), you're the boldest guy to do that."

"Despite everything, I guess some people need to have the guts to do something..."

You smiled a bit, hearing such words from Sasha seemed to have beamed brightly at you. "Oh, and... uh... I'm almost finished here. You can finish up here in this lonesome dining hall, huh?" She then eats the rest of her plate within a few bites. "And... I do have something else to say..."

"Which is?"

Sasha gave a slight smirk as she put her plate away in the sink. Just as she began to walk away upstairs, her voice floated towards you loud and clear. "That kiss... I wouldn't mind having another one like that."