𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❥

AMOUR
CHAPTER NINE ━━ yule ball and realisations

▎AMOUR  ▎CHAPTER NINE ━━  yule ball and realisations

━━━━━━━━━━

"BUT I THOUGHT THE YULE BALL WAS ONLY FOR FOURTH YEARS AND UP?" quizzed Lyra when Ginny told her that Neville Longbottom had asked her. "Yes but Neville asked me so technically am I allowed to go. Just find yourself a date so we both can go. I heard that Dean Thomas hasn't gotten anyone yet." Lyra wasn't interested in Dean. She didn't even know him that well. She actually didn't know most of the fourth year boys.

     Asking Ron wouldn't work, she thought it would be weird going with her best friends brother and Harry. . .Ginny liked him so she didn't know about that.

"Okay I'll ask him, I do have to get mum to find me a dress. About that, do you already have one?" she wondered.

"I do," answered Ginny, going through her trunk. She pulled out a brightly coloured dress.

"It's adorable," Lyra smiled, "you'll look amazing." Ginny started twirling around, pretending to be in it. Her red hair flowing around, Lyra almost found it almost—mesmerising to look at.

She was in some sort of trance before she snapped out of it when Ginny stopped. "Can't wait to actually dance at the ball, when are you going to ask Dean? You have to be quick, loads of people already have their dates."

She didn't want to go with Dean. Of course she wanted to go to the ball, but only because she wanted to have fun with Ginny. It'd be rude leaving Dean alone when she'll be asking him. "You can ask him now. I think he's in the common room." I'd rather go to the ball with someone I actually know. Like. . .

"Good idea Gin," Lyra lied, standing up. "I'll tell you if he says yes." Maybe she should ask Dean, it only required making sure that she can dance with her friend. It wasn't hard. "Can you come with me?" she suddenly blurted out. To her surprise, Ginny agreed to go with her.

Going downstairs to the common room, Ginny gave her advice on asking him out. Once they got there, they found a very pale Ron, looking as though he had seen another ginormous spider. "What's up with you, Ron?" asked Lyra. He started mumbling inaudible words, seemingly getting paler and paler. It took a minute until Ginny could figure out he had asked Fleur Delacour to the Yule Ball.

Lyra saw Harry, who noticed them, entering the common room. "What's up, Ron?" he asked, joining them.

Ron looked up at him. "Why did I do it? I don't know what made me do it!"

Harry looked at the girls for guidance. "What?" he said.

"He got rejected big time by Fleur," Lyra replied simply. Although Ginny gave her a warning look, she herself tried to fight back a smile.