19. Tell Mommy On Me

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           The darkness was gone and light began to break into the forest, making it erupt into a vibrant green. None of us could focus on the beauty until we had Octavia and knew she was safe. We had split up a bit trying to find the trail Finn had apparently lost. It wasn't much use as seeing that Diggs and John kept thinking their own footprint were the trail we were looking for.

"I got nothing. We lost the trail." Finn states again.

"Keep looking."

"Wandering around aimlessly isn't the way to find your sister. We should backtrack." Finn argues.

"I'm not going back."

"Hey, where's John?"

I look behind me to see he's completely gone, vanished out of thin air. Where the hell did he go? I suddenly feel something wrap around my waist and my mouth. My feet were suddenly lifted off the ground, my first reaction as to fight. I began thrashing myself around. The person struggled to hold me and grab his weapon. I suddenly felt the metal against my skin. Flight was my reaction. I kept pushing myself away from the metal and held his arm away from my neck. He was strong but I was a survivor.

"Where's Lacey?" I hear Bea ask with a desperate tone.

"Lacey?!" I hear both Finn and Bellamy yell.

I start kicking and thrashing harder than before. My foot hits something that falls off the branch and lands to the ground with a thud. I hear them gasp. I also hear all of them call for me even louder. I tried to scream but his hand still covered my mouth. I bit down, and bit down hard. I could feel the metallic liquid seep into my mouth, I could hear him struggle not to yell behind me. I slammed my head back into his which caused his grip to loosen. I managed to take his knife and began swinging it behind me. Because of the way I was forcing us backward, we both tumbled off the tree. I landed with my back on the chest of the grounder. I groaned unable to get up yet.

"Lacey!" Finn exclaims running over to me, he pulled me up into his arms and after noticing the grounder he pushes me behind him.

I finally got a look at the grounder and saw the knife sticking out of his neck. He was dead. That's five. I wipe the small amount of blood that was on my chin. Finn stands ready to attack, but I take his hand and push it down.

"He's dead Finn." I says with no emotion behind my words.

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary." Diggs says still staring at John's body, which I hadn't noticed until now. That's what I kicked off the tree.

"Now can we go back?" Roma says looking around frantically.

"There." Jasper pointed to a grounder on the horizon line.

"Another one." Diggs says in a panicked tone.

His breathing has become labored along with just about everyone else's. Everyone except mine. My eyes were still on the dead body in front of me. I couldn't move. I had killed again. I could still count my kills with one hand, but how long would that last?