78 - Followed

"Can we really not get rid of this bitch?" Fred rolled his eyes as you all stared at the photo. You honestly hoped that she would have dropped dead by now but unfortunately much like Kreacher, she was still alive. She had the next Horcrux meaning you had to find a way to get into the Ministry and get the locket off of her and find a way to destroy it much like Regulus had planned to do all those years ago. 

"We need to go to the Ministry," Harry announced. "we need to go now -" 

"I'm not sure if you've guessed Harry but we can't just walk in." You replied. "The Ministry has been overturned, they're going to be watching us at every chance they can get. They aren't on our side." 

"I have a plan," Hermione announced. "The three of us will go and obtain the Horcrux." 

"And we'll go back to The Burrow." Fred quickly spoke, obviously not wanting to endanger more people than necessary. "The three of us will go check on Mum and the others." 

"We'll meet you soon enough." You said accepting that Fred wasn't going to back down and let you go with them, not wanting an argument you stepped down but you had a plan of your own. 

"What's your plan?" George asked, clearly interested in what they had planned. 

"Polyjuice Potion," Hermione answered. It's worked for us multiple times so I'm certain it'll work now." 

"And if it doesn't?" Fred added. 

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there." Hermione now started to gather a few items, Mundgus quietly moving out of the room to apparate away now that no one had their eye on him. Not like any of you cared, he'd given you what you wanted and to you, he was nothing more than a thief with no purpose.

Watching Hermione you followed suit grabbing the thin bag you'd brought with you and starting to put in the few things you'd needed throughout the night back inside before walking back to join Fred's side.

"I guess we better get going too then," Fred announced as he took his hand into yours. "George?" He called his twin over to join the two of you. "Be safe you lot." 

You gave them all a smile as Fred spoke, especially Harry who was basically family to you due to Sirius being his Godfather. Harry returned the smile but before anyone could apparate away Harry walked over to you and pulled you into a hug. Letting go for Fred's hand your wrapped your arms around him, embracing in the hug. 

"Be safe Harry." You whispered to Harry as you hugged him. 

"You too," He replied, pulling back. "Fred better look after you." 

"Oh, I always do," Fred smirked at the two of you as Harry started to walk away, letting you hold Fred's hand again so you and the twins could apparate back to The Burrow. "Don't get yourself killed Ronnie, Mum'll go mad if you do." 

Ron gave Fred a small glare and rolled his eyes muttering under his breath at Fred's words. With one last look at the trio, Fred tightened his grip on your hand and Georges, with a crack sound the three of you opened your eyes to see The Burrow standing in front of you. 

The house didn't seem damaged but the tent from the wedding was still up but it was wrecked. The tables were broken and scattered across the marshes along with the gold balloons that were clutching into the tent walls, some deflated and others still blown up. Gifts and glittered were now littered all outside, a few had clearly been cleaned but the majority were just left to fend for themselves. 

Your eyes fell onto the house itself where you could see Molly pacing back and forth in the kitchen, stopping to bury her head in her hands every now and again. She was clearly worried, worried that three of her sons were yet to come home and let her know that they were okay. Wasting no time you and the twins strode over to the side door that leads to the kitchen and opened it.