Nothing Can Stop Della Duck! (Except the Rejection of Her Teenaged Daughter)

(TW: Panic attacks, abandonment, running away, slight drugs, i think? if you consider tranquilizers drugs. Proceed with caution!)
We all sat in the limo with Uncle Donald to see him off. Uncle Scrooge actually paid for a cell-phone free, 3 month cruise. For Donald! I'm not entirely sure how this happened, since I was at work, but hey, he deserves it, more than anyone else I can think of, so I'm happy for him.

Huey was quizzing Uncle Donald to make sure he packed everything, and Louie and Webby were playing a game on Louie's phone. Uncle Scrooge was reading the Newspaper, and Launchpad and Dewey were in the front seats, and I can only hope Launchpad was driving.

So that left me to my own thoughts. Tomorrow was my birthday, which meant I would be 18 years old. Which was absolutely crazy. It sucks that Uncle Donald has to miss it, but we could always celebrate when he gets back, so no harm done.

We got to the bus stop on Killmotor Hill, and Launchpad actually didn't crash. We all got out to say our Goodbyes and help Uncle Donald unload his luggage.

Once we got all of his stuff unloaded, and it was my turn for a goodbye, I wrapped him in a huge hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, Uncle Donald," I told him.

"You'll be fine, toots. It's just 3 months," He told me. He began sputtering as I continued hugging him. "Marina... You can let go now," He coughed.

I quickly backed up. "Sorry. Personal space," I chuckled, sheepishly. Sometimes I don't know my own strength.

He pulled me into one more hug. "Happy early birthday," He told me, handing me a small box. "Don't open it until tomorrow."

I grinned, squeezing him once more. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He laughed.

We all got back into the limo, and headed back up to the mansion. The kids stuck their heads out of the windows and sunroof, and waved at Uncle Donald and he waved back.

I sat in my seat next to Uncle Scrooge, twiddling my thumbs.

He scoffed. "Och, you'll be fine, lass," He nudged me.

I nodded, giving a small smile. "Right," I said, more to myself than him. It's not like he'll disappear after this, or decide not to come back. Maybe he'll enjoy the bachelor life too much. Or-

I was interrupted out of my thoughts by Launchpad swerving. And of course, I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, so I fell out of my seat.

I groaned, getting back in the seat. We'll be fine. Uncle Donald is the one constant I've had my entire life. Everything will be okay.

~~~

Once we got back to the mansion, I lounged on the couch, and put on some music whilst I studied for an exam I had coming up. I loved this couch because it was so large, you couldn't see if anyone was on the couch from behind it.

Scrooge and the kids were in the foyer, Scrooge giving an inspiring speech about whatever adventure they were headed on.

I saw something move outside the window from my peripheral, and I looked up. Standing at the door was an average sized duck in-

No.

I nearly fell off the couch, then remembered the kids in the next room, and quietly rolled off the couch, onto the floor.

I looked back out the window again, to see none other than Della Duck bounding down the driveway to the mansion entrance. My breath quickened.

No. Absolutely not, I will not be dealing with this today.