Chapter 32

I stepped into the room and instantly found Lucifer seated back on his throne. The malicious smirk never left his lips as he crossed his legs with his elbows resting against the armrest of his grand throne.

“Now, we can talk without any bother.” Lucifer said grinning like a mad man that he is. I furrowed my brows in discontentment.

“Now, now. Don’t be upset.” He said snapping his fingers and a human briskly appeared holding a bottle of wine.

The human led me towards a table and her noticeably shaking hands successfully poured me some wine onto the glass.

Good thing she didn’t spilt anything or I wouldn’t even dare to wonder what punishment she’d have, though the visible fresh slits on her arms and legs pretty much sums it up.

I’m fed up from seeing the humans in his castle with fresh cuts and bruises and depleted spirits everytime I come for errands.

I pulled out the summary document from my cape and placed it on the table as I immediately guzzled the whole glass before fixing my gaze towards Lucifer.

“Now where were we?” He muttered to himself as he whirled the contents of the wine in his glass.

“Right. Do you have a wild guess as to why her hair and eyes went silver?” Lucifer asked as I squinted my eyes.

I stared at his bloody painted eyes not daring to answer that easily, not knowing what might he be mischievously planning behind my back.

In fact, I don’t have a single clue as to why something peculiar like that happened. Not even once from any of my underlings had the same case or anyone from the underworld for that matter, only in accordance with the extent of my knowledge.

So, either Lucifer knows something that I don't or he's bluffing.

“I’ll take that as a no.” He said, taking a sip from his wine. I studied him as he stared at the wine in his glass far too long while my curiosity grows, making every passing second unbearable.

“You.. You don’t bear any feelings for that human do you?” Lucifer questioned. The smirk in his lips faded and soon turned into a fine line.

I raised my brow in confusion as to what he meant. Chevel is one of my underlings, just like Dicarius and everyone else. I handle them with utmost care unlike the filthy beings in this castle.

“She is my underling. You know my reasons well, Lucifer.” I responded and as if he’s satisfied with my answer, he chuckled direfully that echoed throughout the room.

“Then.." He uttered with gritted teeth as he looked at me with murderous eyes.

"Tell me why you sought her lips?” Lucifer said with enraged tone and dilated eyes.

My eyes widened as the memory flashed back in my mind. I did pressed my lips against Chevel’s but that’s only because she had a strangely unstable soul.

Centuries ago, the underworld is governed by a group of knowledgeable and experienced demons known as elders. They existed long enough to be worthy of ruling the underworld and they ruled long before Lucifer was hailed king. During their time, there wasn't any slavery and there's peace. Although, It didn't last very long.

I’ve incidentally heard once from the elders of the underworld that pressing once lips against a human will effortlessly take its soul in the underworld.

It wasn’t my intention to eavesdrop from their conversation but I brought the information with me until I have the chance to use it.

Humans with unstable souls only appear once every century and unfortunately I stumbled upon one.