How Long Will This Last

Funny. I mean, asking how long this will last when it's just the beginning. Trust me I haven't got used to yet and that's how you know that there's so much still to come.
_________________________________________

Can this class go any slower? Seriously anything to keep me from going to lunch. But of course, right as these thoughts crossed my mind my teacher closes her book and steps away from the board.

"Alright class that was today's lesson. Luckily you won't have anything too hard tonight, just read chapters 2 through 6 of Moby Dick and right what you think so far. This isn't a difficult assignment but if you have any questions feel free to email me." Mrs. Han says sweetly while packing her things.

"Thank you, Mrs. Han." My peers reply lazily.

"Before I forget, Ms.Y/N may I speak to you?" she calls.

I jump surprisingly at the mention of my name. What on earth does she want? I think.

Once everyone has left she walks towards my desk and sits at the corner of it, propping up her legs after.

"To start I loved your essay on what you've experienced in the last 5 years and how that has affected your life," she says. I mumble a quiet thank you before she continues.

"Although there are some things that you said that are a bit concerning."I can see the worried look on her face, I hate it.

She goes to retrieve my paper and sits back in her place before beginning.

"I run into my small yet lively room, stumbling to my bed as tears run down to my pillow from my cheek. She died, my mother, in a car crash. And I was forced to accept the reality at 12, such a young age. My dad grieved and comforted me for a while. I believed he was truly hurt by the unfortunate event. That is until I found out he was getting remarried only 2 months later. I was devastated. How can someone move on so quickly? Only he didn't move on. Why? because he was having an affair. And that deceiving witch that he's currently married to has been his mistress for years. Right under our noses, I have no room to be disappointed. And that moment marks the first of many lies that tore this now, god forbidden family apart." She finishes.

What caught me off guard was the tears that had formed in her eyes. She looked like she wanted to say so much but her emotions got the best of her and she began with a hug.

I was still stunned by her sudden action but as I relaxed I began to feel something I haven't felt in a long, long time: a mother's love.

The hug was warm and filled with sorrow. It was filled with the love that I craved but hadn't received in quite a while. I hesitantly hugged her back and let out a shaky breath.

"I'm so sorry." she almost sobs.

"I'm so sorry," she repeats.

After a while, she lets go and rubs away the stray tear that runs down to my lip.

"Oh God." she chuckles, still looking into my eyes.

"There are so many more heartbreaking memories in your essay but I really wanted to let you know that whatever you going through you can always come to me." she smiles.

"I'm glad to know that." I squeak.

"Now I'm probably holding you against your will so I will go ahead and send you off to lunch." she jokes.

I contemplate whether or not I should ask Mrs.Han this question. I mean I could but I wouldn't want to take the risk of defying Yuri and her crew.

"Actually do you mind if I stay with you for lunch?" I whisper, choosing to take the risk of avoiding Yuri today and facing her tomorrow.

"Sure I would like some company but shouldn't you get your lunch first?" she asks.

"I um don't have lunch money," I say just above a whisper.

"I- of course, you don't." she sighs.

"You know what here use my card," she said, reaching into her purse and motioning her credit card towards me.

I quickly hold my hands up in protest.

"No really it's fine I don't usually eat lunch anyway," I say quickly.

"Nonsense besides you look a little skinny." she laughs.

I sigh and humbly take the card since it's the only thing that will stop her badgering.

I thank her before walking out of the classroom, down the hall, and to the big double doors leading to the cafeteria. Kids everywhere, on tables, in chairs, even on the floor. I shiver before maneuvering through tables and stop once I finally reached the lunch line.

It is a new experience, granted because I've never really been in the lunchroom because I simply don't eat lunch. My eyes scan over the menu and lists of drinks, some I've never seen before. I'm too engaged to realize that it's currently my turn to order.

"Um...." I start.

"Can I have the number 7 meal?" I ask quietly. (A/N Rice, seaweed wrap, radish kimchi, kimchi pancake, egg, and mushroom soup)

She types some keys on her keyboard and I see my total appear on the register.

"And how will u be paying for that sweetheart? Cash, Credit, or meal card?" she asks, still looking at the register.

"Credit card," I say as I meekly hand it to her.

She takes a quick look at the card and scans it. Once scanned she looks at the screen, raises an eyebrow at me, and grabs her phone before dialing a number.

"Excuse me Mrs. Han there is a student down here with your credit card trying to pay for her lunch. Do you know anything about that?" she questions, still eyeing me.

" Of course that's Park Y/N I let her borrow my card so she could get her lunch. Make sure to add her a dessert." she laughs over the phone.

"Lovely, I just wanted to make sure. Have a nice lunch." the lady says as she hangs up the phone.

"Ok sweetheart I added you a nice Bungeo-ppang free of charge so you go ahead and enjoy that, alright." thank you I say before heading back to Mrs.Han's class. (A/N Bungeo-ppang: Traditional fish-shaped pastry.)

To make a long story short we talked a bit more about my family and just laughed. It felt good to laugh since I hadn't in a long time. If only I knew that Mrs.Han wouldn't be the only amount of joy in my life.
_________________________________________

girl grammaly told me that this chapter sounded sad, deppressing, and anxious um chile who gon tell em

1120 words

arent lunch ladies the sweetest

i swear my lunch dude I had in 5th grade was so nice bro he even gave me and my sis smth for our birthday, Mr.Tim............ I miss u man 😭