Chapter 13

3year time jump!
Elijah 10years & Alana 9years.

Alana's POV:

Another pack's Alpha is visiting our pack today. He wants to talk to Alpha HayHay about some problems in his territory.

While they were busy Lijah and I were babysitting our brother and sister. It was our very first time babysitting them all alone.

I just want everything to be perfect. I was playing cars with Elliot, my little brother, on the floor. While Lijah was on the couch tickling Belle because she wouldn't say his name when he asked 'who is the strongest man in the world?' She just kept saying 'daddy' between laughter.

Suddenly we heard a loud howl from outside followed by an alarm. I've heard about this, and Alpha HayHay and daddy made us practice what to do when it happens, but it's never happened before.

The pack is under attack.

We all start making our way to the door as fast as possible. Lijah is looking out the window to see if it is safe for us to go outside to make our way to the safe room.

"Ala" We turn around to see my little brother with tears in his eyes wobbling towards us as fast as his little 2 year old legs can carry him. Lijah walk to him and pick him up while I grab Belle's hand. We will need to walk as fast as possible.

My heart is beating out of my chest. My hand is holding on to the back of Lijah's shirt as hard as I possibly can while we walk.

We get to the hardest part of our trip to the safe house. The open field. For almost a 100 meters we have to run without any cover or anything to hide behind.

When we are almost in the middle three huge wolves are standing infront of us. Rogues. They have ugly red and black eyes and scars everywhere. Lijah hands Elliot over to me and says "You have to run, baby girl" but I can only shake my head. I can't leave him here alone.

One of the rogues start walking closer to us licking his lips. And tears threaten to come, but I can't cry now.

Lijah starts running towards the rogues. And then something happens that leaves both me and the rogues shocked, frozen in place.

Hayden's POV:

Alpha Xavier is in my office along with all my highest rank pack members. We are discussing the current rogue problem he has been having in his territory. When we hear the pack is under attack.

I look towards Caleb and see the same worry in his eyes "The pups are home alone" I say concerned. Luckily our mates are away, having a lady's day, but that leaves the pups all alone.

I made sure Eli and Lana knows what to do in a situation like this. But practice is nothing like reality.

We make our way outside. Pack elders and women with their pups are making their way to the safe room.

"They linked from the safe room Young Alpha and Luna is not there yet." I see Alpha Xavier confused to hear that we already have a future Luna and to my side Caleb is already in wolf form.

We start walking towards them killing all the rogues we find along the way. My beta left to help the rest of the pack while we look for the pups.

It didn't take us long to find them standing in the clearing. A rogue is slowly making it's way to a scared looking Lana with the smaller ones. While two rogues are chasing after a puppy? A dog? What is that?

We are next to them in seconds killing the rogues. Caleb stands protectively infront of the pups while I turn to... not a puppy or dog, a small black wolf.

My son.

How? Impossible. He lies down and look up at me tiredly. The first shift takes a lot of energy. I make my way to him bending down petting him on the head.

"You have to shift back buddy" I say softly while a big yawn leaves his. He slowly nod his head and start shifting back.

I pull my shirt off and over his small body and pick him up in my arms. When I turned around I see Alpha Xavier with a shocked look on his face. Don't worry man, your definitely not the only one shocked right now.

"Caleb, I have to take Eli to the hospital we don't know the consequences of shifting this early. Bring the other pups along, they'll be safe there." He nods his head and bend down in wolf form for the three pups to get on his back.

When we get to the hospital the pack members look at me, carrying a sleeping Eli, with worry.

While the doctor is checking Eli, Alex comes up to me, telling me that the last few rogues on the pack territory just fled.

"Alpha, besides shifting at such a young age, everything is normal. He might be tired for longer than normal wolves after shifting. His wolf must have sensed his mate being in trouble and surfaced early to protect her. Physically he will be fine after some rest." The doctor said and I nod gratefully.

Eli will be fine. He just shifted to protect his mate.

How am going to tell my mate our son shifted into his wolf. She was already emotional when he found his mate, because, and I quote, 'my little boy is growing up too fast'. She is not going to like this.

We take the pups home so they can rest after the long, stressful day and we call our mates to get them to come home so we can explain everything.

The pups are all upstairs when Sophia and Lila get home. We explain everything to them, the rogue attack and the shift. Tears are streaming down their faces, so we take them upstairs to show them their pups are fine.

When we get to Eli's room, we see him and Lana in bed, snuggled up together. No matter how hard we tried, they still found a way to sometimes sleep in the same bed cuddled up together so we lost hope and allow it sometimes, as long as it's not every night.

But what really caught our attention is Lana. Pieces of her black hair, turned white.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Elijah had his first shift and it is way earlier than the normal wolf.
Alana's hair is turning white, what is happening?