21. Engagement

Another week passed by and all of them found themselves in the huge arena among hundreds of guests, trying to remember who was who and what their company was about. Well, Jungkook was sitting in a chair around one of the tables while people came to talk to him. 

Hyungsik and Seojoon had decided to make the engagement public as the wedding was private, anyway. And thus, they had thrown a ridiculously huge party and had invited all of their already existing and potential partners to it. 

Jimin was busy introducing his date to everyone except Hoseok and Taehyung, as the two of them knew her already. He had gone to Hoseok's dance classes for a week before joining MindCraft and had immediately hit it off with one of the girls in the class. 

But MindCraft was making him too tired to even move a muscle after getting back from the office. So he just backed off from the classes, saying he would join again when his schedule became free. 

"Aren't you guys on a break, though?" Hoseok had asked. "Not anymore. We got a really tempting offer and we couldn't let it go" Jimin had said. "Ohh, okay. Take care" Hoseok had said. He hadn't known much about the whole scouting business in the first place, and thus hadn't connected any dots. 

The odds were too high, anyways. 

Even though Jimin quit the dance class after just a week, he kept in touch with the girl. They texted each other almost every night. On one of the nights, he had asked her to accompany him to the engagement, making it their first date. And thus, here he was, introducing her to the people who didn't know her. 

"Who is this beautiful girl?" Mr. Kim asked, walking towards Jimin. "Samchon! This is Jeongyeon, my date. Jeongyeon, this is my sweety sweet Uncle. Taehyung's dad." Jimin said. "Nice, nice. Jimin finally stops to look at a girl, huh? Nice. You look really beautiful, child" Mr. Kim smiled at Jeongyeon. "Thank you, sir" Jeongyeon said and bowed. (Samchon means 'Uncle')

Seojoon called Mr. Kim before he could talk anymore. He apologized and left, warning Jimin to behave. Even though Jeongyeon didn't understand what it was about, Jimin snorted. "We just create a lot of trouble. He didn't want us to create any trouble today" he explained. 

"We in the sense?" Jeongyeon asked. "Taehyung and I" Jimin said. "Why would you create trouble at your soulmate's engagement?" she asked incredulously. "Exactly. We won't, don't worry" Jimin snorted and dragged her towards Jungkook's table. 

He flopped on one of the chairs and tried to stretch subtly. "Jungkook, this is Jeongyeon, my date. Jeongyeon, this is Jungkook, Taehyung's fiance" he said, sounding tired. "Hai. Nice to meet you" Jeongyeon smiled at Jungkook. "You too" Jungkook grinned at her. 

(Jongu and Jongi's meeting, hehe)

Jimin suddenly yawned. Jungkook chuckled at him. "Tired?" he asked. "Ohh, don't even ask. Our boss is an asshole" Jimin said, glancing at Jungkook for a fleeting second before stretching properly and wrapping an arm around Jeongyeon, who was sitting right next to him. 

Namjoon, who had a late night court proceeding, couldn't attend the function. Seokjin was busy talking to different people so that Jungkook wouldn't have to strain himself more than he already did. Hoseok and Yoongi were completely a new story. Jungkook didn't want to know which cubicle they were locked in. 

"Ohh, tell me about it!!" Taehyung exclaimed as he flopped in a chair beside Jungkook. "You guys do look tired" Jungkook said. "Our boss is a jackbutt fucking asshole goose. What can we do?" Taehyung said, glaring at the table. 

"Woah! What did the asshole do?" Jungkook asked. 

"You really want me to tell you? It won't be pleasant" Taehyung said, looking at Jungkook. "Of course! I wanna know" Jungkook said. "Well, he doesn't give us even a fucking millisecond to catch our breath. It is soo fucking hard. We literally joined the company cause we thought it was going to be fun!!!!

But he is literally sucking the life out of us. Fucking vampire leech. Like who the pig shitting, gorilla faced, popcorn headed jackbutt asshole of a donkey's grandfather does that?!?!?!" Taehyung asked, flailing his hands all over the place out of anger and frustration. 

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, seriously!! What company do you work for? Tell me and I will destroy their business in a blink" Jungkook said, snapping his finger. What he didn't notice was how Taehyung and Jimin were glaring at him subtly.

"Nevermind. We will sort it out ourselves" Jimin said. Before Jungkook could reply to that, Hyungsik stopped by their table with a young man behind him. The man couldn't have been more than three years older than Jungkook. 

"Jungkook, this is Seo Dae Shin, your..... uhm" Hyungsik cleared his throat. "Nevermind. Dae Shin, this is Jungkook" Hyungsik said. 

Jungkook smiled at him and bowed in his chair. "This is my fiance, Kim Taehyung" Jungkook introduced Taehyung, who bowed as well and smiled at Dae Shin. 

"Well, we will talk again after this function, I guess. Nice to meet you, Mr. Jeon. Congratulations on your engagement" Dae Shin said. "Thank you, Mr. Seo. Nice to meet you too" Jungkook said and smiled widely at him. 

Taehyung leaned back and scratched his non-existent beard. The beard was another story of its own. The two of them had to keep their beards till the evening of Saturday and avoid showing their faces to Jungkook outside the company as well. 

They honestly wondered why they were still doing it. They didn't have a single second to take a break. They couldn't pull a single prank on their team director, let alone the CEO. 

To top everything, Taehyung was supposed to move into Jungkook's mansion after the engagement. He didn't know how he would keep up his disguise anymore. Hell, he didn't care about the disguise anymore. It wasn't like they were able to do anything, anyway. 

He decided to let it go and go to the office without the beard and enjoy the moment Jungkook realized that he had been torturing his fiance all this while. 

They spent another hour meeting many more people before they were asked to go onto the stage. Seojoon and Hyungsik addressed everyone and announced the engagement before the two of them exchanged rings. 

The crowd cheered and clapped for the two of them. They bowed to them before getting off the stage. 

"Taehyung-ah! You can go to our house along with Jungkook. We will arrange people to get your stuff from wherever you live" Bong Soon said as Taehyung helped Jungkook get down the few steps. 

"Ohh no, Halmeoni. It's okay. Jimin is moving back to Harabeoji's house, anyway. I'll ask the same men to get my items too" Taehyung said. "Are you sure, baby?" Bong Soon asked. "Yes, Halmeoni. Don't worry. I'll be fine" Taehyung said. 

"Okay, then. Jungkookie, do you wanna go home?" Bong Soon asked Jungkook, who looked soo tired that Taehyung was afraid he might pass out. Jungkook slowly nodded his head. His leg was hurting too much. He didn't know whether it was from the over activity, but it was really hurting a lot. 

"Okay, then. You guys go home and make yourselves comfortable. Taehyung, you can use the guest room if you don't wanna sleep together yet. We will wrap this up and come home soon, okay?" Bong Soon asked. 

"Thank you, Halmeoni. I will use another room until we umm....get married" Taehyung said and looked down at his shoes. "Okay, baby. Your wish. You guys go on, now. I will go and talk to my Manggaeteok and his girlfriend" Bong Soon said. 

Taehyung chuckled and gave her a nod before walking back to the table to wish everyone a good night. 

"Take care, Kookie. Bye, Tae" Hoseok, Yoongi and Seokjin said and walked with them to their car while Jimin and Jeongyeon waved at them and went back to talk with Bong Soon.