chapter 41: Old Faces

(A/N. What's everyone's favorite scene from season 3)

"Ahhh!" I heard damon yelling from downstairs.

I ran downstairs to see mason lockwood closing the curtains and burns all over damon. I ran and tackled mason lockwood.

"I thought you were already dead," I growled.

"You've become more vicious since I died," he teased.

"Yeah well, i havent been the same since i died. Heres what you're going to do, you are going to leave this house. You are going to leave damon alone. And you arent going to contact tyler."

"What happens if i dont?" He asked with smirk.

"Then I light your ass on fire and smile as I watch you burn," I told him.

He sent me a cold look but left the house nevertheless.

"I told you, brother," stefan started,"with us she was a spark. With klaus, shes a forest fire."

"Hey, forest fire, can you untie me?" Damon asked.

I rolled my eyes but helped him out of the restraints.

"I dont hate this version of you. I could never hate any version of you," damon whispered in my ear.

"Alright. Break it up. Part of my assignment from klaus is making sure you dont try amything," stefan told him,"especially in my presence."

"Just becuase you suck at relationships doesnt mean you have to take it out on the rest of us," I told stefan.

"Like your any better."

I rolled my eyes and ascended to my room. I collapsed on the bed a d stated at the ceiling. Why was mason lockwood back.

"God, I'm head for ten seconds and you make a shitton of bad decisions, " I heard a familiar voice.

"Scar?" I asked sitting up.

"We have alot to talk about," she said sitting on my bed.

"How are you here?"

"When you friends sent vicki back, it left the doorway open for ghost with unfinished buisness to come back."

"What's your unfinished buisness?"

"Looking after you. Making sure you dont make the same mistake as me," she told me.

"And what's that?"

"Believing that Klaus cares about you."

"He does scarlett..."

"Like our mother loved us?" She questioned.

"Or how you loved me?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay. So I may have done some things I'm not proud of-"

"Things i will never forgive your for scarlett."

"Cameron, I dont know how long I'm here. Please, listen to me. I want to help!"

"I dont need help."

"You started needing help the moment that humanity got turned off."

"Leave me alone Scar. I dont need you."

"I have been trying to reach you for weeks! I've been alone on the other side pushing for anyone to see me! Get over yourself for damn seconds to talk to me."

"I have to meet with my new boyfriend. "

"You really are too far gone. Goodbye sister."

I ignored her and ran to meet with my boyfriend.

"I hear your having a ghost problem."

"Yes. My sister showed up."

"What did she have to say?" Klaus asked me.

"That I need to turn on my humanity and go back to the light side," I told him.

"We both know that will never happen."

It wont. Wont it? After seeing him for a bit longer I went back to see my sister on my bed.

"Why are you still here?"

"Becuase I know your still in there. I see it in you. I remember you before this. You were happy. You had Damon, Tyler, jeremy, caroline, and even elijah. You were stronger before this."

"I was weak before."

"Is that what klaus is teaching you. You were the strongest person I had ever met. You single handedly killed our mother and drove me away protecting everyone you loved. Where is that girl now."

"She died when i was turned."

"Its a shame, because that girl was so much stronger then this one."

"Scarlett, you dont look so good," I told her.

"The gates closing. I'm sorry I betrayed you Cameron. I really am. Just know I'm sorry and I believe you will find your back."

Then she was gone. And I felt nothing. I felt no remorse. No sadness. I was numb. I was exactly the same as I was before damon.

All the killing. The kisses with klaus. Then diabolical plans. The revenge. It covered up how I actually felt. Numb. And turning off my humanity has intensified it, not weakened it.

I went down side to see damon and elena talking. Damon gave me a smirk that used to make butterflies erupt in my stomach, but now I think that those butterflies are dead to.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked me.

"I need you help," I told him.

"Elena. I'll see you tomorrow. "

She gave him a nod before leaving the house.

"What do you need?" Damon asked me.

"How do I turn it back on?"

"You have to switch it back on. Only you can do it."

"What happens when I do. I've screwed up a hell of alot."

"I'll help you."

I closed my eyes and found the switch in my head. When I switch this I'm going to feel pain, guilt, anger, anxiety. But I'll also feel happy. I guess it's worth it.

I turned the switch on but was suddenly hit with the guilt of everything I had done.

"Oh my God. What have I done?" I asked as tears filled my eyes.

"It isnt your fault, love. It isnt your fault."

"I k-killed jeremy and conviced s-stefan to..."

"Its okay Cameron. We will fix this, I promise."

"I'm a monster."

"No, love, you arent."

I sat in his arms sobbing. Wondering how I could ever do any other this.

(A/N this was a bit of a filler. I wanted to go ahead and get her humanity on before the rest of the Mikaelsons pay a visit.)