chapter 19: Forget it

V a n e s s a

Take it slow.

I wanted to mentally smack myself for saying one thing but wanting another. In my mind, that was actually what I wanted - to take it slowly and feel out the relationship - but Ian wasn't exactly a man to take it slow with.

The attraction alone was unworldly, a single touch able to make me abandon all sense of propriety and do the worst with this incredibly attractive man.

He was a skilled kisser and each moment with his lips on mine, made my mind blur further away. There was nothing else to think of with his mouth on mine, caressing, savoring, pleasuring. And that was the dangerous part - once I was caught up with his pleasing administrations, it was the most difficult to stop.

My body was heating up as we continued to kiss, images of us in Vegas was lighting up my mind and reminding my body this man had been the giver.

But I couldn't rush into things and risk getting hurt again. There was still more to know about Ian and while he was climbing the tally in my mental good book, there was still a long way to go.

I pulled apart again breathing heavily.

There was a look of confusion on Ian's face.

His face was flustered and his hair was slightly ruffled. His lips had turned a darker shade of pink from kissing so much and his eyes were dark. I -

I briefly closed my eyes. "I- I can't, " I stuttered, trailing a hand across my forehead.

I opened my eyes and there he was staring at me with such lust in his eyes.

"Yeah, taking it slow - right. I'm sorry."

"N-no, no no...it's fine. You shouldn't apologize. I..." I trailed off and swallowed. "We just got carried away for a sec."

He nodded and we were plunged into another bout of silence, the sexual tension so high, I thought I would burst. It suddenly felt a lot hotter in the car, I knew beads of sweat would begin to form on my forehead soon.

As if reading my mind or experiencing a similar feeling, Ian reached out and turned the air up. I almost closed my eyes in pleasure when the coolness hit my dewy skin.

"So, " Ian began. "Any plans for tomorrow?"

I cleared my throat. "Just work...you?"

"Same."

Silence.

"How about some music?" He asked and I shrugged...

"Cool."

"I don't know if you're a fan of The Beatles, but they're my jam. Call me old school but their music is awesome."

My mouth fell open. "You're kidding! I love them. When I was fifteen I had pictures of John Lennon plastered all over my room."

He chuckled. "You're serious?"

"As a judge, " I mused.

"Wow, I've never met anyone else under forty who's actually a fan of them."

"Big fan, " I corrected and he grinned while proceeding to play a track.

We talked about The Beatles for a while and laughed about our experiences which was just like a breath of fresh air. I didn't know how much time passed but in the midst of it, horns began to honk and vehicles began to move ahead.

"Wow, " I said.

"I think we've been here for about two hours. What do you want to do now Vanessa? Let me take you to get something to eat at least - a coffee shop or something?"