Chapter 48: King and Queen of Valeria

Sad Aidan being beautiful ^^^^

Everything still felt so unreal. The warm air that glided against my skin, the waterfall that sounded in the distance calming each nerve in my body, the excited chatter in the city and the clattering sound of the repairs in the streets, the voices of the guards in the halls and the conversing of the people that were with me.

I dozed off every few seconds, enjoying each single tiny thing as if it was my first day alive. Which in fact, it was, in a way. My entire body felt reborn. Scars I previously had were gone and with that some of the memories I once could picture so vividly. I should've been afraid of the consequences my resurrection had brought but all I could do was just sit there and be thankful of the time I had been given. I had been given a second chance, a chance most people could never get no matter how hard they tried.

Yet that extra given time seemed to frustrate me somehow now that Obi-Wan wasn't there. After I'd convinced him to stay Aidan had practically dragged me back to the palace, stating that I'd have to get ready for the feast whilst he orchestrated the entire thing. I protested to my full might but he was relentless and even Obi-Wan agreed to it. I would've been disappointed, had it not been for the wink he'd given me just before I left. It was some kind of silent promise, I hoped, that we would find some time alone later in this mess of a day.

With all that time I had been given it still felt too short for it was his last day here. After that night he would venture into the galaxy once again. I was afraid I wouldn't see him for at least a while. I didn't dare think of it, for even these last few hours had felt like an eternity without him.

"Gold, definitely gold." One of my servants stated as she glanced at the dress the other had collected. They'd been arguing about my entire appearance for the feast, saying that it was of utter importance for it was my first official event as queen. Another silently braided my hair, zoning out just like me and leaving them biggering between themselves.

"She's the phoenix, she should be wearing red!" The other contested, making me sigh deeply as I slumped in the chair, staring back at my reflection in the mirror.

Even my face was different. The skin seemed clearer, smoother and younger. The scars my first kill had given me on my cheek were gone and the green of my eyes had become more vibrant, my hair even redder than before. On it they had placed my crown, the gold shining in the sunlight. I almost didn't recognize myself. Especially now that they had put a layer of make-up around my eyes, making the green pop out even more it was hard to imagine that I'd grown into this person.

The dark tint in my eyes sent chills up my spine. Somehow I couldn't divert my gaze away from my own reflection. The entire time since I awoke I hadn't given myself a moment to even think about what I had sacrificed to come back. Now, I was scared that if I would divert my eyes those consequences would break free from the glass and haunt me for the rest of my days. That dark, sinister glint in my own eyes reminded me of him. Arthas. Yet he was gone, I reminded myself, yet that feeling remained.

"Your majesty, what do you think?" I hadn't even noticed that they'd continued to argue until she snapped me out of my thoughts, pulling me back to reality. Blinking a few times, I gathered my thoughts and lifted myself up in the seat.

"Gold." I decided with a shrug and a sigh, hoping to get this over as fast as possible. "I've seen enough red for the coming couple of months." One of them cheered loudly whilst the other's face grew red with both shame and anger. A knock on the door spared me the awkward moment that would've followed after. "Come in!" I spoke excitedly, turning the chair to try and face whoever was coming in. Chills ran up my spine, hoping that I'd meet his ocean eyes soon after.