[52]

Soomin was finally stirring awake, face twitching into all sorts of weird expressions as she began feeling her body

Soomin was finally stirring awake, face twitching into all sorts of weird expressions as she began feeling her body. The warmth of the sunshine passing through the window gently laying on the skin of her reddish cheeks. Her eyes burned a little from all the dry tears itching her eyelids all night.

But despite yesterday, Soomin felt at peace.

And after a few second of that eternal-feeling calm that she felt, her mind finally cleared up and she opened her eyes. In just mere seconds, they widened so hugely that they threatened to fall out of her eye sockets.

What surprised her so much you ask? 

Donghyuck's face.

But it wasn't just that, no, it was so much more than that.

He was knocked out completely, a small, relaxed frown drawn on his facial features. The dyed walnut brown hair he had was messily striking in all directions. His chest was calmly and rhythmically rising, then falling. 

As Soomin's eyes followed down the lines of his body, she fought back another squeal as he noticed his hand that was naturally laying on her waist. Her head was supported by the lower arm that had slid under it. 

Looking up at his sleeping face, Soomin pulsed her lips together as her heart began beating at an incredible speed. A slightly reddish blush made it's way up to her cheeks, her stomach exploding with butterflies that tickled her sides. 

But she couldn't hold back the small smile that took over as she stared at his peaceful sleeping features. The hand that she wasn't crushing with her own body went up as she stroked a strand of hair covering his right eye, leaving his face on full display.

'You're pretty cute when you sleep.'
She thought, holding back a chuckle when she imagined his explosive reaction to such a sentence.

Naturally her eyes went down and set on his lips that were currently sealed shut. Soomin took a slightly longer breath, them reminding her of that night when he had kissed her. Despite tucking it far back, that moment never left her conscience and always made her heart spring into an ecstatic, funky beat. 

'Stop thinking about it, Soomin. That kiss wasn't meant for you. He's already in love with someone else.' 
She brought herself back to reality, smile falling into a plain line and her hand retracting from his face and going back to her side.

And before she could try to slip away, Donghyuck took an extremely deep breath and his muscles began twitching. With no plan for this situation, Soomin did the first thing that came to mind: shut her eyes tightly and pretended to be asleep.

It took the boy just a few seconds for all of his muscles to stiffen, a couple more to slip away carefully and silently. And Soomin could only sigh as she heard the door shutting after him.

♫ 

"You haven't come here for a while."

"Why? Did you miss me?" The girl retorted playfully, earning a small chuckle from Kun.