Chapter 12

"My handsome face"he added, interrupting your thoughts.

Of course. Why would I expect him to say it's me?

You didn't know what to do nor how to react so you avoided his eyes and pretended not to hear what he just said. You looked ahead but you could still feel that he's staring at you which made you gulp nervously.

"Is there something on my face?"you asked.

"Yeah, cuteness"he bluntly replied. You were surprised that he is so straightforward.

"So funny"you chuckled.

He can be a flirt too huh.

He looked again outside the window and admired the view. His eyes sparkled, watching the city lights which made them more beautiful.

Soon, the bus stopped where you should get off so you tapped his shoulder and signaled him to follow you. You got off the bus and so did he. He looked at the buildings in awe, making you smile.

"Let's go"you said and grabbed his hand, dragging him with you. He kept on looking from side to side, admiring the city. You were scared that he would get lost in the middle of the crowd so you held his hand tighter.

You found the famous street full of vendors selling street foods so you walked faster, still dragging him with you. You noticed him being excited which made you happy. He looked so amazed.

You were finally there in that street and there are so many delicious food. You felt your mouth watering.

"Which one do you want to try?"you asked. He bit his lip, staring at the food stalls.

"Do you have any recommendations?" he asked. You hummed, thinking about it.

"That one!"you exclaimed, pointing at the tteokbokki stand. He agreed with you so you dragged him there.

"You should order"you said and handed him the money. His eyes widened as he stared at the money on his trembling hand.

"You have to practice. Just tell her, two orders please and then give her the money after receiving what you ordered"you explained. He gulped nervously and nodded.

You watch him as he lined up but you made sure you were close to him incase something happens. He looked so innocent waiting for his turn.

I'm sure he'll get used to this someday.

It was finally his turn then his hands started shaking. He stuttered a little bit but he succeeded saying what he had to say to the vendor. He took a glance at you and you gave him a thumbs up. He smiled at your reaction before diverting his attention again to the vendor.

You clapped your hands when he came back to you, holding the two paper bowl of tteokbokki. You grabbed the other one from his hand.

"You did a good job"you complimented.

"I still need a lot of improvement"he said, pouting.

"You'll improve in no time"you encouraged.

You started eating without realizing that he's just staring at you. He smelled the food and found the scent quite strong which made him scrunch his nose. He's still new to this. You continued eating and stopped when you noticed him just staring at you.

"Uhmm.. It's spicy but it's good. Try it now"you said. He nodded slowly and took a bite. You watched as he was chewing. His face indicated that he was trying to identify what kind of taste it was which made you nervous.

"I like it"he blurted before continued eating. You felt relieved that he likes it.

"So these are spicy stir-fried rice cakes"you explained.

"It's delicious"he smiled.

After finishing the tteokbokki, you decided to buy another street food for him. You dragged him again in another food stall.

"You should try that"you said, pointing at the fish cakes.

"Am I gonna buy it again?"he asked.

"Yes, Jin"

"O-okay"

---

"That wasn't so bad, right?"you said while on your way to your house. You just got off from the bus and he enjoyed doing that.

"It was good"he replied. You felt relieved.

You weren't looking ahead so you didn't notice a man in front of you. Jin was about to pull you away but you bumped into the man already which made you gasp.

"Hey! Watch where you're-"he stopped talking as soon as he saw what was on your neck. Your eyes widened, seeing his reaction.

He looked surprised. He turned to look at Jin, and his expression turned into a terrified one rather than surprised. You can't see what Jin's expression was since he was behind you.

"I'm sorry. It was my fault"the man apologized, lowering his head.

"Please forgive me. I promise I'll be more careful next time. I won't do it again. Please forgive me.."he pleaded, kneeling on the floor. Out of all the people who apologized after seeing your necklace so far, this man was the most desperate one asking for forgiveness.

Is he that scared of the necklace? Or was it because he saw Jin who gave you the necklace?

"It's alright"you stated.

He didn't have to kneel.

He nodded slowly and finally stood up, lowering his head as he walked away. You looked at Jin and he shrugged his shoulders. You wanted to ask about what just happened but you let it off anyway. Both of you started walking on your way home again.

"I had fun today"he remarked as soon as you got home.

"I'm glad you did"you smiled. He took off his shoes and placed them on the shoe rack.

"I think you should hide the bracelet" you stated. He looked at you before looking at the bracelet on his wrist.

"It's too eye catching. Some people must want to steal that pearls"you added.

"Should I place them on my ankles?"he asked.

"Does it work? Or maybe you could just ask the 'sea witch' for another material that isn't so eye catchy"

"I'll try to ask the fishes to tell her that"he assured.

"Did I act more of a human now?"he asked.

"You improved but work on the way you socialize with other people"you replied and ruffled his hair. His fair was so soft that you just want to clutch or caress them the whole day.

"Do you want to go somewhere again tomorrow after my work?"you asked.

"No..you should rest"he smiled.

"Alright.. Goodnight"you said before heading upstairs.

A/N:
Hi everyone~ Thanks for reading this chapter :) I didn't realize New Year is near~~ time flies so fast. I hope you always have a good day/night. Anyways don't forget to vote!
Stay safeeeee❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️