Part 44 :

Josephine

I was sitting on the couch doing paper work when the door opened I looked at the door and Kingston and honor walked inside and I got up .

"king I told you to go stay with your dad ." I said , and he lifted his head and ran into my arms and cried and I caressed his head gently and looked at crying honor she had blood all over her hands .

"what happened ?" I whispered.

"mom I didn't know I promise she tricked me ." bubba said as he let go off me .

"king who tricked you?" I asked .

"mom we did something bad ." Honor said as she walked up to me .

"what did you guys do ?" I asked them as I looked in between them .

"Toine's dead ma gigi killed him ." Kingston said and my heart sank to the bottom of my stomach.

"what do you mean toine's dead ?" I snapped .

"ma it wasn't bubba'a fault he was-

"you've been talking to gigi ?" I asked Kingston and he looked down I covered my mouth with my hand and nodded .

"stay here don't go anywhere I'll be back ." I said as I grabbed my keys .

"where are you going ?" Lesi asked

"stay here honor ." I said sternly and walked out of the door . Their first thing that ran through my head was my nephew second was Noel and Pryce the death of Toine would start a war my phone rang and I answered it without looking .

"yes ?" I asked annoyed.

"jo?" Cortez asked .

"what tez ." I said .

"look I know we not on good terms I know it but I need you bad ." he said .

"what's wrong ?" I asked .

"Mel's in the hospital, she almost over dosed and I don't know what to do." he sniffed and I took the phone from my ear and silently cried , I don't know what I was more saddened by . my children trusting gigi or the pain Pryce and Noel are going to feel when they find out what they did , I wiped my tears quickly and sighed .

"hey okay I'll be there in a hour hang tight alright?" I said.

"okay ." he said and I hung up and pulled into Lucas's drive way and got out of the car and knocked on his door , the door unlocked and slung open and I walked inside .

"that wasn't a invitation to come in ." Lucas said , and I turned around and walked up to him .

"promise me you will protect our kids no matter what ." I said and he furrowed his eye brows at me .

"what happened did someone threaten you?" he asked sternly.

"promise me ." I said and he nodded .

"I promise no matter what the consequence is ." he said and I did a small smile .

"good , because we might have to kill Pryce and Noel ." I said .

***

Cortez

I played with my daughter's curly hair as she slept peacefully.

"what did I do wrong mel ." I whispered.

"nothing ." Doctor Bailey said and i turned around and faced him .

"how is she ?" I asked .

"good wasn't anything to major just sniffing crushed up pills , but I have a few questions for you ." He said as he wrote on his clip board .