01

Elli's POV

Today there is an art exhibition at my school. Some of my work is being shown. Not many people now this because my school is mainly known for its music program, so not many people are here. The ones that are here though seem to be enjoying themselves. I suppose that's all that really matters.

Everyone's parents are here. I like that. Being supported by people who are close to you or mean something to you is one of the most important things in life in my opinion. My Dad is also really supportive and I really appreciate it. He just wants happiness for his family.

This is nice. I've gotten many compliments for my art pieces in the past hour. It's unbelievable and I surely didn't expect so many people to actually like my work. Like I said, it's nice. Somehow it doesn't make me as happy as I thought it would. Don't get me wrong, the happiness is there when the people are talking to you. It just doesn't last. I don't know...

After driving home, we are greeted by a screaming Julie infront of our house. "Woah, hey, woah! Slow down. You look like you've seen a ghost", our Dad chuckled. Ghosts? "Cool!" "Not cool!", Julie told me. Loudly. She doesn't know what she's talking about. Ghosts are extremely cool. Though, I gotta say I would say that about any supernatural being. What can I say? Something about that topic just sparks a fire in me. I wouldn't go as far as saying they are real but people can believe what they wanna believe.

Soon after that little maybe slightly confusing encounter, dinner is ready. Well, by dinner I mean our leftover spaghetti. I don't mind eating them almost every single day. I mean, who doesn't love spaghetti? Also, Dad already has enough on his plate. No need to add even more things to it.

Julie isn't here. I guess she is in the garage again. Odd. Just a few moments ago she was scared out of her mind. I should go get her. Before I get there I hear her talking to someone. Maybe even more than one person. Was she not kidding before? Are there ghosts in our garage? If she can see them, does that mean I can see them, too? I don't wanna seem crazy... Even if I can see them, I shouldn't show it to anyone. I don't need anyone thinking I've lost it. That doesn't mean I leave Julie hanging, right?

"I thought you were afraid to come out here", with that I enter the garage. Okay... I can see them. All three of them. There are three of them. Ghosts. There are three ghosts in our garage. Julie really wasn't kidding. Elli, concentrate. Don't say anything about them. Act like you can't see them. Your family needs you to be strong.

"You talking to your ghost friend? How does he look? Is he hideous?", no, definitly not hideous. More like cute or handsome. They seem really friendly. "She can see you", the blond one says to the one with dark, brown hair. I can. I can see him. What am I supposed to do now? Was I too obvious. "No, she can't", Julie joined in. Thank god. I wouldn't have known what to do if she hadn't. I need to act oblivious. But I also wanna take another look at the ghosts around me again.

"What?", I look completly around me, acting like I can't see the three boys. My first thoughts about them just got more true. Hideous is the last thing you could call them.

Julie then asks me what I want and I told her to come eat. On my way back to the house I heard her say that I couldn't see them. If only she knew, how wrong her statement was, how wrong her statement is.

-

"Thank you for our leftovers and the power of the mighty microwave. Amen".

While eating, my Dad starts a conversation. I participate in it, but my mind isn't completely there because it keeps wandering back to those boys. Especially one of them...

It got interrrupted by my aunt announcing her arrival. We quickly remove the spot we left for our Mom. She thinks it's not a healthy thing to do and we desperatly need to move on.

She brought food. I appreciate her wanting to help us but I think I'd rather stick to my spaghetti. No offense to her cooking. I just don't like a lot of food. I don't have a specific reason to not like it. I just don't.

"Actually Julie has been cleaning out Mom's studio". Has she? I beg to differ.

Dad then proceeds to talk about putting the house on the market. I don't like talking about that because I don't want to move but everyone keeps saying it's what's best for Julie. I guess so. No one ever bothered to ask me about what I think.

Again my thought are being interrupted. This time it is Julie screaming. Why is she screaming? Shortly after I understand it. In the corner of my eye I saw a leather jacket. The leather jacket. What are they doing here?

"That's me. Ripping of the bandate", nice coverup, Julie. I smile, hoping to make her remark believable. There is absolutely no reason for my Dad to find out and send her back to seeing a therapist three times a week. Not that seeing a therapist is a bad thing. I just don't think it was helping her that much or to be more specific I don't think it was her thing. I don't know. I could be wrong.

Julie, you need to stop talking to them. The more you do it, the harder it is going to be to cover up. Plus, I doubt tia and Dad can see them. It's possible, but I don't think so.

"We should've called first", leather jacket says. Out of the three of them, he stands out to me the most. He seems... lovely.

-

No longer in the music program? What? What happened? What did she do? By the look on Dad's face I guess she didn't tell him. She is in trouble now. I need to help her.

"So, Julie, wanna hear how I slid into home and was almost safe?". What was that? What does that even mean? I'm so bad at improvising. At least I tried. Dad tells me to leave after that.

-

Out of nowhere music started playing. Where does that come from? Are the boys plaing music? No, they can't touch things, can they?

"What's that?"

-

I'm lying on my bed thinking about everything and nothing. Maybe that's not entirely true. Maybe I was thinking about a certain someone. Leather jacket.

I need to get them - him - out of my mind. I don't even know them. How can someone who you don't know and who doesn't know you be stuck in your head? It just doesn't make sense. Where did they even come from? I wonder if Julie knows. I wonder if they know.

There is one thing I know for sure. I'm not gonna stop until I find out.