76

" 𝑫𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒚, 𝒏𝒐 "

" 𝑫𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒚, 𝒏𝒐 "

We apparated and I didn't have Fred Weasley t balance me so I just fell to the ground, the wet, soggy ground? I brushed my hand over the ground and realised I could scoop it up. I was laid on a beach, I rolled over and took some heavy breaths, 'Hermione?!' Ron yelled, 'Here!' Her voice chimed back. 'y/n!' My brother shouted 'Here' I breathed but I'm not sure if he heard. I felt numb despite the burning pain in my arm, I glanced over for a second and saw the scarred word. I felt bile choke up in my throat. I rolled over and let myself go, the sick burned my throat. I threw up the pancakes Theo had made me yesterday morning.

I didn't cry, honestly I'm not quite sure if I ever could again, I felt nothing. I heard footsteps and my brother dropped to his knees beside me and wrapping his arms in a hug, not the awkward kind. 'You're okay' He whispered into my ear, 'We're okay' I just whimpered a reply and we both turned to look to make sure the knife hadn't followed us. My eyes fell on where the knife had come with us and where had it landed 'Harry' I murmured. I used all my strength to pull myself up. The two of us started lugging towards Dobby, we both fell back to our knees.

Harry scooped Dobby into his arms, 'Dobby no' I stroked his face and tried to smile 'HERMIONE!' My brother yelled, 'Hermione, you'll have something in your purse right?' Her and Ron stayed silent. 'Help me!' He cried out at her. He looked down at Dobby who was smiling 'Such a beautiful place' He said 'To be with friends' I didn't let my self cry I just kept stroking his face. Harry was now holding his hand 'Dobby is happy' He promised 'To be with his friends' I felt horrible for my brother who was sobbing. 'The Potters' He looked between us and I leaned forward cuddling into the two of them. 'Dobby' I whispered quietly but his head was tipped back and he wasn't breathing. Luna came over kneeling next to us. 'We should close his eyes don't you think?' My brother nodded.

I reached forward to put a hand on his shoulder but he fell into my arms, He screamed into the cloth fabric of my shirts. I dropped the wands and let my arms move around him, He screamed again my arm now wet from the tears. I still didn't shed any tears I just stared at the blood ridden sand where Dobby had just died with an ache in my heart, so many deaths, so fucking many and the war hadn't even properly started yet. I couldn't help but dread the many more deaths on the way and how any people I loved I would lose.

'After 10 minutes my brother leaned back. 'I want to bury him, properly. With no magic' I nodded. 'Okay, we'll do that, okay' I held his face. I got up grabbing the wands and assisting my brother to the sand dunes. I watched as Harry scooped up Dobby and laid him in front of where we had all grouped up. 'I think we ought to say something' Luna stepped forward 'I'll go first, shall I? Thank you so much Dobby for rescuing me from that cellar. It's so unfair that you had to die when you were so good and brave. I'll always remember what you did for us. I hope you're happy now' I hummed in agreement and Ron spoke up 'Yeah, thanks Dobby' I linked arms with Harry. 'Thanks' We shared a grim look. 'Goodbye Dobby' He muttered. 

Everyone else went inside but I stayed out with Harry, I grabbed a shovel and started digging, the pain from my scar was searing but the pain from losing Dobby hurt more. We dug for 2 hours before it was ready, I let Harry lower his body in putting him down nicely and softly. We both started hauling sand over him. Harry scratched "Here lies Dobby a free elf" into a stone tomb. We propped it up into the sand flowers around it. We stepped back and I slipped my hand into his giving it a quick squeeze. 'I'm with you now. Wherever you want to go. Whatever you want to do. I'm next to you doing it. Lets kill Voldemort the son of a bitch' He pulled me into the side of him. 'We'll get him back. For killing mum and dad. For taking the ones we love' He paused and looked at me.

'And for taking the people who made my sister happy' I frowned 'what?' He pulled me into his chest for a hug. 'He took Sirius from you and he made Draco miserable which took him from you. So we kill him and you can be happy' I buried my head into his chest. 'And I want to see my dick of a brother be happy' We stood hugging until I muttered 'Lets go inside, have a cup of tea maybe I don't know be normal even for 3 minutes' He hummed 'Yeah lets do that'.

[A/N] Its shorter but its cute so :)