Chapter 16

"Ayan, where is Asad dad?" Anayra asked as soon as she entered.

"I don't know! Come let's play football?" He asked.

"I want to meet dad now, then we can play!" Anayra said and went inside.

Anayra wanted to know about that wedding photograph, that she saw. She had many questions in her mind, as though why Asad and Minal were together in that. She went towards Asad's room with that photograph.

The whole night, Asad was thinking about Minal. He wanted to meet her. But another question came in front of him, about Anayra. He then decided to go to her school and find out about it.

"Amaan I want to talk to you! It's really important." Anaya said as Amaan got ready to go for work.

"Yes? Is everything fine?" He asked.

"Amaan, I found this picture in the store room. It was from Asad bhai's wedding. Look at this!" She said giving him the photograph. He looked at it and his eyes widened in shock and they both looked at each other in confusion.

"Minal!" They both said in sync.

"Yes Amaan! So that means, Minal was married to Asad bhai. Then why did she leave? And Arsal? Anayra? Who's daughter is she?" Anaya asked as she kept looking at the picture.

"Anaya, I have never met bhabi, but I know that Asad bhai loved her so much. He still does. I don't know why she went away, or what had happened between them that they aren't together, but I am sure bhai still loves her. Even today he misses her, whenever mama spoke about Tara to bhai he never payed attention to it. Because he believes that everything will be fine, and that she would come back to him." He said.

"I wish I had met her before, and they both were never separated. But now I am glad we got to know, can't we get them back? I have met Minal many times, and she is really sweet. But I am still confused about Arsal and Anayra!" Anaya said.

What they both didn't realize was that Anayra stood near the door and heard everything. She was shocked to know that all this was the truth. She didn't know what to do, so she called Arsal and went home without informing anyone.

"Yes sir, how can I help you?" The receptionist asked Asad.

"I want to meet the principal, can you tell me where is her cabin?" He asked and she directed him towards the cabin.

"Good afternoon!" She greeted as he entered.

"Ma'am I wanted to know about a student in your school, who joined recently, Anayra!" He said.

"Sorry Sir, we can't give any personal details about any student of my school!" She replied.

"Please, I wouldn't take much of your time, I just want to see the admission form once!" He said.

"Your name?" She asked as she picked up the files from the shelf.

"Asad Siddiqui!"

"Oh, you should have told me before that you are her father, I would have given it to you. You can see it now!" She said making him shocked. He opened the file and checked the details carefully.

"What? Father, Asad siddiqui?" He murmured and re-read it to confirm.

"Thank you!" He said and went out from there.

"Anayra is mine and Minal's daughter? Anayra Siddique? My daughter!" He said to himself as he couldn't still believe it to be true.

"Minal you hid our daughter from me? And Arsal? You married Arsal? You left me for him? Why did you keep Anayra away from me for so many years? Why are you doing this Minal? Why?" He said as tears escaped his eyes.

•••

"Mama I want to ask you something!" Anayra asked taking a seat next to Minal.

Minal was lost in her thoughts. She was thinking about Asad. She thought to tell everything to him, before he gets to know himself. But it was too late. She hadn't eaten anything from the time they met in that party. All she did the whole day, was think about Asad.

"Mama!" She called again, to which Minal came out of her thoughts and looked at Anayra.

"Baby, we will talk tomorrow! Now it's getting late, go and sleep!" Minal said.

"Where is papa and maasi?" She asked softly.

"They will come home late today, you go and sleep!"

"Good night mama!" She said smiling.

"Good night baby!" Minal kissed her forehead and Anayra went inside.

Minal got up and went towards her room before she could reach, she heard the doorbell ring.

"Who would it be at this time?" She wondered and went to open.

"You?" She said in shock as she saw him.

Thank you for reading❤️