Chapter 1

This chapter is going to time skip pretty quickly since the focus of the story isn't really Goblet of Fire so this will primarily be so you have more of a back story on Cassie!

September 1st, 1994

"Hurry up Tonks I'm going to be late!" Cassie exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming I'll be right there go through the barrier with Mom I'll be right there!" she shouted across King's Cross.

With that, Andromeda Tonks and Cassie went through the barrier to get to the Hogwarts Express.

Cassie gives her Aunt a side hug, "Aunt Andy, I'm going to miss the train I can't wait for Tonks tell her I said bye!!" She says while jogging towards the train.

"Bye sweetie, don't get in too much trouble!" Andromeda yells out.

——-

"No way, is that THE Cassiopeia Black?!"

Cassie rolls her eyes already knowing who was behind her.

"Hello Cedric" she sighs.

Cedric and Cassie have been best friends since the start of 1st year, but after everything that happened with her father at the end of the year, he was there for her. He helped pull herself back together and that was when she realized how much she loved him, not just in a friend way.

Cedric pulls Cassie around and cups her cheek to give her a soft kiss.

"I've missed you" he mumbles.

"I missed you too," she says while grinning, "but let's go find Serena before she has a fit wondering where we are."

Laughing, they both left hand in hand walking off to find their compartment.

The Second Task

Cold and darkness. Those were the only two things Cassie could feel. It was just everlasting cold and darkness, with the faint glimmer of hope someone would rescue her from this prison.

The feeling of nothing was all she could focus on, all she could make sense of, until all at once she felt everything.

Gasping for air, Cassie looked around confused at the sight of Cedric and her in the Black Lake with the whole school cheering for them.

My best friend Serena immediately reached out to help Cedric and I out of the lake.

"Have a nice swim, Cassie?" Serena says sarcastically.

Cassie snorts, "Oh yeah, really fantastic, do you wanna go try it?"

Serena simply laughs while wrapping a towel around her. "I'm going to go get you both a drink, don't go for another swim without me!" She says while walking away.

Cedric wraps his arm around Cassie's shoulder bringing her into his chest while muttering in her ear, "Are you okay, love?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Cedric, thanks for not leaving me to drown though", she says giggling.

"I could never leave you." he says while kissing her temple.

Cassie blushes while she remains curled up next to her boyfriend. They're seemingly polar opposites, but somehow, they found their way to each other.

The Yule Ball

Cassie stands in the center of her room staring at her reflection. She's dressed in a gorgeous rose colored sparkly dress with a high slit. She has her hair pulled into a low, messy bun with just a few hairs out to frame her face.