Chapter 33: Studying

S T U D Y I N G

———

Mal's POV

I looked up from my herbology textbook and glanced over at Draco, writing in a small notebook at the other corner of his bed. I closed my textbook and crawled over to get close to him.

I tried to peer over his notebook. "Are you ever going to tell me what you're always writing in that little notebook of yours, because I know for a fact they aren't study notes?" He closed his notebook and moved away from me.

"Nope. It's mine." He made a face at me.

"Oh come on. Let me see." I reached for it and he pulled away.

"No." He spoke harshly.

"Please?" I attempted to give him puppy dog eyes and he rolled his eyes at me, standing up to put the notebook away on his shelf.

"No."

"Ugh fine, you're no fun." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'll show you how much fun I can be." He got back into bed with me and smiled mischievously, tickling my upper thigh when he leaned down to suck on it.

"No no wait, I'm on my period." I pushed him away and hugged my knees together to my chest.

"So?" He shrugged.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "So... no. Isn't that, you know... sort of odd?"

"Only if it bothers the other person. Lucky for us, it doesn't bother me." He grabbed my thighs again to pull me onto his lap and I pulled away.

"Well it bothers me. So no." I replied.

"Fine fine." He sat on the bed and crossed his legs. "So I was wondering..." He started playing with my fingers, avoiding making direct eye contact with me.

"Yes?" I sighed, closing my textbook and looking at our fingers joined together.

"We've been together for almost a year now." He still refused to look at me.

"I realize that." I nodded, reciprocating the gesture by playing with his fingers too.

"And I've met your parents a long time ago." He pointed out.

"Your deductive skills are astonishing, Watson." He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm and movie reference.

After releasing a big breath he had apparently been holding, he finally spoke again. "But you haven't met mine." Oh shit. "So umm... this weekend, do you want to? Meet them I mean."

I froze and stopped playing with his fingers. "Umm... sure."

"Really?" He finally turned to look at me.

I pulled away from playing with his fingers. "I mean, yeah." I shifted uncomfortably on the bed and he noticed.

He cupped my cheek in his cold hand. "Baby, they'll like you, don't worry."

"What if they don't? What if your parents ask me if I'm a pure blood or something?" I voiced my worries out loud.

"You are." He said and I glared at him.

"I mean yes I am but they're going to want an explanation when they hear my last name is Granger."

"Then you'll explain it." He spoke as if it was obvious.

"Draco, you and Mione are the only ones in this school that know." And Dumbledore but we're not going to talk about that. "I think it's not hard to see that I don't really want to tell anyone."

"Why not? You're family was one of the most powerful wizarding families out there. People were afraid of your father." He said through a half smile.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "And you think that's a good thing?"

He shrugged. "I don't think it's a bad thing." God we are so different.

"I'm not telling anyone. Period." I responded.

"Alright, but I'm sure they'll like you even when they find out what your last name is. You're just going to have to give them a while." Draco rubbed my cheek with his hand.

"A while? Three years? Like I gave you?" I teased him and he pulled me closer to him by my hands.

"I was a child back then." He whispered, making me feel butterflies through my whole body at his close proximity. Almost a year and he still has that effect on me, amazing.

"Yeah, a really stupid child." I teased.

He pushed me onto my back on the bed and I laughed. He laid down on top of me but kept his hands against the bed to not put all his body weight on me. He looked me up and down, leaning down to start kissing and nipping at my neck and I rolled my eyes, "Draco, I said no." My voice faltered when he licked the spot where he had sucked and I felt him smile in satisfaction, knowing he could cause that effect on me whenever he wanted.

"I'm not doing anything." He smiled innocently as he stopped kissing my neck and started playing with my uniform shirt buttons. "I wouldn't complain if you wanted to do something to me though, princess."

"Draco..." I stopped talking as soon as I felt his lips on mine. Unable to avoid the temptation, I wrapped my leg around his waist, bringing his hips closer to mine, and felt him smile against my lips. I brought my hand to his hair and tugged at it, making him groan a little in response, and this time it was my turn to smile. I felt his tongue brush against my teeth and moaned in pleasure as he dug his nails into my thighs. He tried to move to be more comfortable, to deepen the kiss more, but instead he slipped and fell off the bed.

I tried to contain my laughter and failed. "Mi amor, are you ok?" I said through laughter. He stood up and glared at me.

"Yes. No thanks to you." He climbed back on the med.

"Hey I didn't push you off! You slipped and fell." I started laughing again and he rolled his eyes.

"Shut up Kat." He laid down next to me and grabbed my hips to turn me to be on top of him. I blushed as he stared at me, his eyes moving up and down my body hungrily.

"Stop looking at me." I giggled uncomfortable.

"Why?"

"Because, it's making me feel weird." I sighed.

"I love looking at you. You're gorgeous." He said simply.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Make me." He challenged, hungry for more.

"Hell no. I have to study." I smiled at him innocently and rolled off of him to lay on my stomach and keep studying. He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Fine." Suddenly I felt his hands on my shoulders and looked up to look at him.

"What are you doing fool?" I smiled.

"Giving you a massage. Now shut that pretty mouth of yours or you won't get one." I shook my head at the butterflies he caused me to have on my lower abdomen but stayed quiet as I read over my textbook while he massaged my shoulders.

Everything's so easy right now. It could be like this all the time, can't it?