Brothers and Isobel part 1

The next morning Elena looked like a warrior from olden times, her hair braided like a mohawk at the top off her head and lose in the back with several tiny braids hanging around the sides of her head with some going up into her mohawk braid.

She had on a pair of black artfully ripped jeans, a dark grey tunic that went around mid-thigh and had a sidelong cut at the bottom, a black zip-up hoddie and a pair of black combat boots.

"So, Alaric had some information on this whole thing?" Elena asked into her phone.

"Yeah and he was willing to share. Seems like your egg-donor is in Grove Hill." Damon answered from the other end. "Alaric's picking me up in an hour."

"Have fun." Elena told him. "And call if you want dinner at casa de Gilbert later."

"I'm hoping I get to kill someone on this trip and that would be fun, so cross your fingers." Damon laughed as he hung up.

As Elena closed her closet door and saw someone standing behind it. She reacted on the instinct that came from sparring with Damon and punched the someone in the face.

"Uncle John?!" Elena gasped when she saw who she had punched.

"Elena." John rubbed the side of his face were Elena's punch had landed. "That's a good right hook."

"Thank you." Elena smirked devilishly. "I'm not sorry for punching you though. I mean you did sneak up on me so..."

"I guess I did deserve that punch." John admitted.

"You did." Elena nodded and thought quietly 'and so much more, dickhead'.

"I just thought we could talk." John said after a while. "We haven't had a chance to catch up."

'There's a reason for that.' Elena thought but out loud she said, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Well...I know you know." John tried to be subtle and Elena saw an opportunity to be a bit of a bitch and hint very, very subtly that she knew that he was her bio-dad.

"How babies are made? Definitely." Elena smiled innocently. "A few years too late there, Uncle John."

"What? No!" John looked slightly disturbed by the thought. "It's really silly to keep pretending. What would your mother say if she knew you were dating a vampire?"

"Who am I dating?" Elena asked, because as far as she knew she wasn't dating anyone.

"Damon Salvatore." John said like it was obvious.

"Hold that thought." Elena pulled out her phone, dialed and put it on speaker.

"Miss me already, Elena?" Damon voice chuckled from the other end.

"Hey Damon." Elena chirped and then she whispered without moving her lips so only Damon could hear her. "You're on speaker with me and uncle John."

"What can I help you with?" Damon asked with a laugh.

"I just wanted to know if you knew that we were dating, because I had no idea." Elena hummed.

"We're dating? Since when?" Damon asked sounding a bit weird but Elena pushed that to the back of her head.

"Apparently I'm dating a vampire, aka you." Elena giggled. "Which is funny because as far as I knew I wasn't dating anyone."

"That must make the dating very exciting." Damon said mock seriously.

"Oh very." Elena agreed. "I seem to get around a lot too, first with Stefan and now you. I wonder who's next."

"Maybe Harper." Damon hummed in thought. "Didn't you agree to go shopping with him today? You did guilt me into paying for a new wardrobe for him."