《23》𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

warning: a little bit of angst?

[akaashi pov]

i hop off the bus and made foot land on the pavement leading up to the entrance of Nekoma high. it's still early morning, and the air is cold. i grasp y/n's hand and walk next to her towards bokuto. the sun is out, blinding my view of Nekoma high's many school buildings. bokuto stands in front of the sun and holds his arm out towards me. i cover my eyes, unable to see his usual grin - blaming the bright sun.

i feel for my water bottle that's usually placed in the rear of my backpack. funny, it's not here. i was sure i placed it in here before i left.

i squeeze y/n's hand. "hey, i forgot my water bottle inside the bus. i'll be quick and get it. you can stay with bokuto," i say. she nods her head and smiles. as i walk away, i see her walking towards bokuto. no. a tall figure in a red athletic sweater. nekoma's sweater. it's kuroo.

I'm now walking through the aisles of the bus, heading towards my previous seat. instead of an empty seat like the others, I have walked past, it is currently occupied by a certain blue-haired bitch.

I walk towards my seat, reaching down to the floor, grabbing my water bottle.

"a-a-ah. sit down," she says.

I roll my eyes and ignore her, starting to walk away. just before I take a second step, she grabs my hand.

"what are you doing with that slut, y/n anyways?" she asks. I turn to face her, seeing her smirk, and raised an eyebrow.

"she's not a slut," I barked. "what are you even talking about?" I question. my eyebrows furrow and I turn my whole body towards her, listening closely to what she's going to say next.

"you know she's got her hands all over that tall captain from Nekoma right?" she smirks.

"you don't even know both of them, so you shut up." I scoffed. but as I try to walk away again, she pulls my hand closer. I didn't even know she was holding my hand this entire time.

"I mean look at the both of them. he's patting her head, and she's admiring his arms and hands. don't you think that's a bit odd? knowing that kuroo is a close mutual, and he's flirting off with your girlfriend?" she insisted.

I look at both of them. kuroo has one hand on the top of her head, patting her hair down. y/n is holding his other hand, admiring them and his whole arm. kuroo is smiling down at her, y/n giggling back at him. she's never smiled that bright with me. it's as if she's smiling towards the sun. it's blinding...

"I'm not one to tell her who she can and cannot hang out with. I know she won't cheat on me. I'm sure she is not that type of girl." I grit my teeth and reprimand myself. right?

"really? have you even kissed her?" she eyes me closely, looking at my expression. "no? then how can you be so sure she wouldn't leave you for the taller and handsome guy?" she smirks.

"shut up," I quickly walk away from her and jump down the bus once again.

Bokuto is nowhere to be seen, probably well ahead of the team - possibly at the gymnasium already. I spy y/n and kuroo in the distance, walking side by side, laughing. how come she would never laugh like that with me? am I that much of a bore to her?

I run towards her. Hana yells my name from behind, telling me to slow down and wait for her. I don't. I keep running and running, and it's as if y/n is getting farther and farther away from me. every time I look up at them, it's also as if they get an inch closer every time.

"Y/N!" I yell out her name. just a few steps further.

running a small distance like this is no problem for me. I've run farther. but it's like my legs don't want to move anymore. I'm losing feeling, and my legs are going numb. I've exhausted myself from running and volleyball practice many times in the past, but it has never felt like this before. I'm eager. I'm yearning for her touch.

as she turns around, I wait not a second longer. I crash into her, holding her, making sure she doesn't fall. next thing we both know, I'm holding her cheeks with both of my hands, lips pressed against hers. her lips are so luscious, so soft. I push the strands of hair away from her face and going in for another kiss. her lips move in sync with mine, and finally, we get our first gasp of air.

I breathe in and out, huffing. "akaashi! why'd you run away from me so fast?" Hana giggles behind me, uneasily.

y/n looks at me, eyes wide open, mouth shaped like an 'O'. bet she wasn't expecting that.

I turn to face the girl behind me. "hana, I don't like you alright? not romantically, and not as a friend. I don't think anybody will like your petty ass unless you change your behavior," I confessed. "oh, and my girlfriend is very beautiful, thank you very much." I add.

I look at kuroo - whom I forgot was standing right beside y/n. his facial expressions displaying nothing. no jealousy, no anger, no shock. just, nothing. I smirk at him.

y/n stares at me, deep in thought. "you just-" she says, unable to finish her sentence. she looks at kuroo at the moment, who looks back at her.

I shut my lips together. "yeah I just kissed you," I admit.

"no that's not it, it was good. yeah," she insists.

"mhm," I hum. I turn to face kuroo before walking away to meet up with Bokuto. I see y/n attempt to reach out for my arm before taking it back.

i knew i never had you from the start. you were already in love with someone else. i just wanted to try it out... to try and convince myself i wasn't in love with him.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
haha woohoo ✨cliffhanger✨
sorry for the kinda short chapter
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝