38 - my beautiful girl

*I'm only saying this one more time. Please do not spoil my other story on this one. That's so damn rude! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT? It doesn't make you cool or badass so stop. ok thanks for the people that are chill you the real mvps*

I'm too afraid to look over the couch. Whoever's at the door was not invited and one person immediately comes to mind. If Ashton came all the way to my house, he's about to be very disappointed. I don't even want to look at him.

"Maddie!" Peter tries to get my attention again.

I sigh and get off the couch, nervously pushing my hair behind my ear. I keep my eyes on the ground as I walk over towards Peter.

"Hi!"

I finally look up and blink a few times in confusion, "Michael?"

Michael's just smiling and waving at Peter and I. I have so many questions to ask, but his excitement is contagious and I found myself grinning too.

"Who are you?" Peter asks rudely. I cringe out of embarrassment as Michael giggles.

"Didn't Maddie tell you? I'm her brother-in-law," Michael teases and I nervously smile. I find it funny, but of course, Peter just looks annoyed.

He turns to me and I can tell he already doesn't like Michael.

"Come inside, Mikey," I ignore Peter and pull Michael inside, shutting the door behind us.

We walk over to the couch and the two of us sit down beside each other. Peter glances between the two of us and sits down right in the middle. I sigh and scoot far away, so I don't have to touch him.

"Don't worry, mate. I don't like her like that. I'm here for a friend," Michael smiles cheekily at Peter. Peter once again just ignores him, making Michael awkwardly cough.

"Maddie," I look up at Michael as he gestures with his eyes towards the container of cookies on the coffee table. I laugh and nod, watching as he grabs three out of the box.

He takes a huge bite out of one and moans quietly as he leans back against the couch.

"So yeah, I came because of Ashton. He's really sad," Michael says with a full mouth.

"That's not my fault-"

Michael holds up a hand and shakes his head, "I'm not saying it's your fault, Maddie. I know he deserves this, he did you so wrong. But lately-"

"Who's Ashton?" Peter asks me quietly as he places a hand on my knee. I push it off gently and look back at Michael to find him looking in the other direction. I know he saw and that just embarrasses me even more.

I glance at Peter and find him staring at the tv, clenching his hands in his lap.

"Like I was saying, he's sad. He never goes anywhere with us, Maddie. Not even to get food. I only see him at our shows. He even manages to get out of interviews and everything. He always stays in his hotel room and writes. I'm really worried about him," Michael says sadly.

"Writes?"

"Yeah. Lucky you, he's probably already wrote an entire album just about you," He laughs humorlessly.

"He hurt me, Michael. How do you not understand that?" I ask angrily.

"Believe me. I understand more than anyone," He argues.

"Do you even regret it? The game?" I ask.

"No."

My mouth opens in shock and I eye him warily. I thought Michael, more than anyone, felt guilty about what he did. I guess I was wrong about this, just like everything else.