twelve; high horse lady

Isabella Swan could not wait to see Delilah George

Isabella Swan could not wait to see Delilah George. The two hadn't seen each other all weekend since Bella had decided to go to Port Angeles with Angela and Jessica, the latter being someone Delilah refused to be seen with every again (unless it was at the lunch table). In fact, Bella and Delilah had only spoken a few words to each other since Friday, the conversation being something that left Delilah on edge.

It was Sunday morning, Delilah had just returned from cheerleading practice when she got a phone call from her best friend. She didn't find it weird, her and Bella normally spoke all the time, so it was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Hey Bell, you okay?" The two normally answered the phone the same way every time, Delilah would always ask how Bella was, and Bella would always say that she was fine. It was just routine at this point.

However, today was slightly different. "I need to tell you something. Meet me in the girls toilets first thing on Monday."

Delilah furrowed her eyebrows, Bella was weird, but not this weird. "Are you not picking me up tomorrow?"

The brunette had been taking Delilah to school since the little squabble with her sister, so Delilah wasn't sure why she wasn't now. "No."

Before Delilah even had a chance to reply to the Swan girl, the line went dead. There was definitely something wrong with Isabella. And Delilah couldn't wait to find out what it was.

She only wished she didn't have to wait until she got to school, it would have been so much easier if she wasn't back to Maya driving her everywhere, which was currently happening.

"You should take your driving test."

Delilah wanted nothing more than to open the door next to her and fling herself out of the car. However, she had just bought the jeans that weekend and didn't want to waste 50 dollars. So unfortunately that wasn't an option.

"I have, like five times."

Maya released a breath, you couldn't really call it air that left her mouth as it was more marijuana, "Well, maybe you should pass then."

The brunette rolled her eyes at her adoptive sister, they still weren't on their best terms. "Because that isn't what I've been trying to do." Fortunately for Delilah, Maya wasn't in the mood to argue today. Unfortunately for Delilah, that meant Maya for some reason had to turn her radio up as loud as she could. The girl knew that Delilah absolutely hated her music. "God, you are such a mel."

The car ride could not come to an end quicker. Once the car reaches Forks high school, Delilah was tempted to kiss the ground and thank god, as she would sure that if she spent another two seconds in the car her ears would bleed.

"You're welcome." Maya spoke as she watched Delilah start to walk away.

The girl turned around, her almost black hair flowing behind her, "For what?"