53

Faline, Scott, and Stiles are stood in a tattoo and piercing parlor. Faline is under Stiles' arm and has her arms wrapped around his waist.

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture," The tattooist says sarcastically.

"Hey Scott," Stiles says. "You sure you don't want something like this?"

Stiles flips the book to reveal a big lizard that looked a lot like the kanima.

"Too soon?" Stiles asks. "I don't know man are you sure about this? I mean these things are pretty permanent you know?"

"I'm not changing my mind," Scott says.

"Okay, but why two bands?" Stiles asks.

"I just like it," Scott says.

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning or something?" Stiles asks.

"Getting a tattoo means something," Scott says.

"I don't think that's-" Stiles begins.

"He's right" The tattooist cuts Stiles off. "Tattooing goes back thousands of years. The Tahitian word 'tatua' means 'to leave a mark'. Like a right of passage"

"Yeah, you see?" Scott says. "He gets it"

"He's covered in tattoos Scott," Stiles says. "Literally"

"Okay, you ready?" The tattooist asks. "You ain't got any problems with needles do you?"

"No," Scott says.

"I tend to get a little squeamish though-" Stiles watches the needle and begins to mumble before passing out at hitting the ground with a thud. Faline winces before squatting down next to him.

They get into the Jeep as Stiles holds an icepack to his head. Scott groans and the other two look at him.

"You okay?" Stiles asks.

"Kind of burns," Scot says.

"Yes, you just had your skin stabbed about a hundred thousand times with a needle," Stiles says.

"Yeah but I don't think it's supposed to feel like this" Scott says and he groans. "Oh god. No, it's definitely not supposed to feel like this. I got to take this thing off"

"No, no, no, no, Scott," Stiles says. "Scott, please stop"

Faline rolls her eyes and pulls a bag of popcorn from her bag, it was still warm as she had wrapped it in foil.

"Whoa, whoa," Stiles says as the tattoo heals.

"Oh no, what?" Scott says. "No, no, come on. It healed"

"Oh thank god," Stiles says. "I hated it" Scott stares at his best friend. "Sorry"

"So have you sorted things out with Allison?" Faline asks as they pull up to a red light.

"Nah, we agreed to give each other the summer," Scott says. "No texts, no calls"

Faline smirks when she spots the occupants of the car next to her.

"How do you know she won't be back at school then?" Stiles asks.

Faline pokes her boyfriend's shoulder before pointing at the car next to them.

"After everything that happened," Scott says. "I'm not sure she's coming back at all"

"I think she is," Stiles says.

"I'd say pretty definite," Faline says.

"Like one hundred percent" Stiles points at the car next to them and Scott turns and spots Allison laughing with Lydia.