56

Faline is sat on the table in the loft as Isaac paces.

"You know I'm starting not to like this idea," Isaac says. "Sounds kind of dangerous. You know what? I definitely don't like this idea and I definitely don't like him"

"You'll be fine"

"Does it have to be him?" Isaac asks.

"He knows how to do it. I don't" Derek says. "It'd be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself"

"You know Scott doesn't trust him right?" Isaac asks. "You know, personally, I'd- Well, I'd trust Scott"

"Do you trust me?" Derek asks.

"Yeah," Isaac says.

"I still don't like him," Isaac says.

"Nobody likes him," Derek says as Faline begins flicking through the pages of her grimoire.

"Boy, FYI, yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works"

"They're impaired because you literally defied nature," Faline says, continually flicking the pages as she reads.

"I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face," Peter says.

"We don't like you," Derek says, slamming the book in his hands shut. "Now shut up and help us"

"Fair enough," Peter says.

Isaac sits on a chair, biting his nails nervously.

"Relax," Peter says. "I'll get more out of you if you're calm"

"How do you know how to do this again?" Isaac asks.

"It's an ancient ritual, used mostly by Alphas since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them"

"But you've had a lot of practice though, right?" Isaac asks.

"Well I've never paralyzed anyone"

"Wait does that mean that you-"

Isaac is cut off by Peter's claws going into his neck and his eyes glow golden. Faline watches as Peter's head snaps back.

"What'd you see?" Derek asks.

"It was confusing," Peter says. "Um, images, vague shapes"

"But you saw something," Derek says.

"Isaac found them," Peter says.

"Erica and Boyd?" Derek asks.

"I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses" Peter says.

"But you did see them," Derek says.

"And worse," Peter says.

"Deucalion," Derek says.

"He was talking to them," Peter says. "Something about time running out"

"What does it mean?" Isaac asks.

"He's gonna kill them," Derek says.

"No, no, no, no, he didn't say that," Peter says. "He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd both be dead"

"The next full moon?" Derek asks.

"Tomorrow night," Peter says.

Faline is sat on the desk and Stiles is sat on the chair, his hand on her thigh.

"I don't see anything," Derek says.

"Look again," Scott says.

"How is a bruise going to tell me where Erica and Boyd are?" Derek asks.