38

( I dunno if I ever said they lived in Texas, but they don't. Tbh, I don't really have a place in mind for where they live. Maybe Tennessee. I just need an excuse to write a snow scene. ) 

Dream woke up feeling a lot better. He sat up and shook his head, stretching lazily. He looked out the window, expecting to see the same, orangey leaves falling from the trees, but instead he was met with everything covered in something white and rather fluffy looking. His eyes widened in surprise.

He turned and placed his hands on the windowsill, wincing and quickly snatching his hands away from the cold surface. He stared at the odd stuff, dumbfounded. He quickly stood up and bolted out the room and downstairs.

On the couch sat George and Eret with hot drinks, chatting happily. They both looked very comfortable. Dream practically fell down the stairs, levitating to catch himself from doing so on the last step.

George looked up from his drink and chuckled. " I guess you're feeling better? " He questioned.

" What's happening outside?? " Dream asked, vividly gesturing to the back window. " It's all- What happened?? " He was very, very confused to say the least.

" It's snowing, Dream. " Eret said, raising his eyebrows.

" I- Uh- What? " Dream glanced back out the window. " This is normal? " George nodded, biting back a laugh.

" Is it safe?" George and Eret nodded.

Dream walked to the door and tucked his hand in his sweater sleeve and opened the door. He winced as a cold gust of wind hit him. He carefully walked out, the door closing behind him.

He reached down and touched the snow, wincing and drawing his hand away with a hiss. He shook his hand, his ears pinned. " Damn that hurts! " He whined, kicking the snow with a hoove.

He shivered before walking back inside. George motioned him over. Dream flopped on the couch beside him and cuddled into his warmth. George ran a hand over his ears.

He gave a sigh and felt content wash over him.

" This is nice. " He hummed softly. Eret nodded and took another sip of what Dream had figured out was hot chocolate.

He turned his attention to the television, which had a movie playing softly on it.

" What is this?" He asked.

George looked down at him before looking back up at it. " Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone. I'm doing a Harry Potter marathon. " He explained.

" What's Harry Potter?" Dream tilted his head.

" Just watch. You'll figure it out. " George laughed, putting his cup down and placing a hand over Dream's mouth to shush him.

Dream stuck his tongue out and George gave a shriek of alarm. " DREAM! " He shouted, wiping his hand on Dream's hoodie. Dream wheezed a laugh.

" You were basically asking for it. " Dream reasoned, continuing to laugh. He saw George roll his eyes. Everything calmed down again.

Dream was still pretty confused. There was a boy he'd figured out was named Harry and he shouted in the same accent George did, waving a stick around like a maniac. Dream was startled when light shot from it.

" How the hell does that work? Do I need to wave a stick around and yell something? " He huffed, glaring at the movie. Eret started laughing.

Dream quieted down and watched as the boy came across a very, very pale man on the back of the head of another guy.

" Believe it or not, but I've seen worse. Some demons down in hell were really pretty horrifying. " He commented. He heard George snicker.

When the movie ended. Dream was still lost. " I don't get it. " He said with a shrug. Eret sighed.

" Magic. " He said simply. Dream nodded with a blank expression. Music started softly playing, making him look up.

" Oh, another one? " He blinked, resting his head back on George's shoulder.

" Yeah. There's eight of them. Including both Deathly Hallows one and two. " George responded.

" Okay then. " Dream laughed.

They went back to quietly watching the movies. Dream was starting to understand by the time the second movie ended. " I'm gonna make some popcorn. " George announced as he stood up, leaving Dream to fall flat on his face. Dream groaned unhappily and sat up, wrapping the blanket tightly around himself.

His ears twitched at the rustling in the kitchen and Dream shrank in his spot on the couch. Slumping lazily, he glanced over at Eret.

Dream slowly stood up, marching over to the kitchen. George was pouring the newly made popcorn into a bowl. " Hi Dream. " George hummed.

Dream focused on the enticing smell of the popcorn, without thinking he reached forwards and stole a piece.

" Wait- Dream- " George trailed off with a worried look as Dream shoved the piece in his mouth before marching back to the couch.

He sat down and it seemed to click with him. " Oh. Oops. " He puffed as George sat down beside him.

" Have fun getting sick. " George said sarcastically, unpausing the movie and placing the bowl on the table.

The odd thing was, they were halfway through the movie and Dream was perfectly fine. He glanced around before stealing a small handful of the treat.

He ate the handful, considering it a test for 'science.'

He was perfectly fine for the rest of the movie, Dream felt his mood lift.

He reached forwards again and grabbed another handful.

George looked over at the delighted imp. " How are you not getting sick? " He asked, watching with furrowed brows as Dream shoved another piece in his mouth.

" I dunno. " Dream said with a shrug. George turned away and went back to the third movie, Eret was fully invested, leaning forwards slightly in his seat, his eyes glued to the screen. Dream found it amusing.

Slightly shorter chapter, sorry y'all. 
I just wanted to get something out before I go back to doing school work. 

I don't have a lot to say, but I hit 9k on this and I am blown away by how fast reads are going up. Tysm! 

Love y'all!

Moony <3