Chapter Four: No Need For An Explanation

Well, if I thought it was bad before, things just got a whole lot more awkward. So sure, people might think I'm a little bonkers. But sadly, whoever or whatever the person in my head is, is all too real. 

The only reason I know this is because it's shown me things I couldn't begin to know anything about. I knew about my parents death and having a brother in such detail, I couldn't be making it up. Even if I did see my brother before what happened, He wouldn't have the scar or glasses. Nor would I know about my parents murder.

So yeah. I may or may not be possessed by a demon. Isn't life just peachy? 

But how exactly am I supposed to explain that to a bunch of people I just met? The answer is, I don't.

"Whew. That was a doozy wasn't it?" I laughed it off and got up, helping George as well. 

They all stared blankly. Maybe shock. Maybe confusion. Maybe both. But they just stood there.

"Well, are we gonna get going or are we just going to stand here?" I crossed my arms and Mr. Weasley shook his head.

Soon enough we were at the campsite. Though the place we were staying is beautiful and spacious, I feel the urge to explore the area. So, I got up from the sitting area and started to leave.

"Effie? Where are you going?" Harry asked from behind me.

"Oh, I was just going to explore. You know, get to see the surroundings and stuff." I replied.

He looked worried, "Are you sure you don't want anyone to go with you? What if you have...an episode... again?" 

I felt a pain in my heart. He thinks there's something wrong with me. I heard him talking about it with Ron, but I tried to ignore it. But right now it just hurts.

"I'll be fine. Plus, there are plenty of people around to help if I need it. Just...Call me if you need me." And I walked out before he could say anything else.

I took a deep breath and walked around. I made my way to the bottom of the stadium, and where more nice looking tents were, and put my hand against the cool metal. It felt so nice. I traced my hand along the base of the stadium bars for a bit, when I sat down, just wanting to relax. Somewhere away from the people who think I'm crazy.

I sighed, and rested my head against the bar behind me, defeated. At least Fred and George care.

Then, a tingle went through my body and I opened my eyes.

Draco's POV:

I looked at my messages. Still no reply from Effie. I was starting to get worried. So, I decided to leave and get a breather. Either she lost her phone, or her family bought her a bad one and they should try harder for their daughter. I walked to the side of my tent when I stopped.

There was a girl with wavy dark brown hair, blue eyes, and skin like I hadn't seen before. It was two different colors. Paler in certain areas, and a bit tan for the rest. It's like time had stopped. She was...beautiful. I need to talk to her. So I walked over, and stood in front of where she was seated.

"Hey." Was all I said, and it seemed to get her attention, because she looked like she had stopped breathing. I knew I was breath taking, but I never thought literally.

"h-Hi" Was all she managed out, and continued to look up at me.

"My names Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." I smirked as her cheeks flushed. 

"I-I know." She replied, seeming to have the life back in her.

"Are you going to tell me your name? Or are you just going to leave me hanging?"

The girl put a finger to her chin, "Hm... I don't know.  Maybe."

She looked at my disappointed expression and laughed. Her laugh was so beautiful. It made my heart race.

"Epona. My name is Epona."

I felt myself smirk and pull out my phone, then knelt down and showed her the screen. It was pulled up to Effie's socials. "So you're the girl I've been talking to all summer."

Her face lit up like a tomato, then she looked down, "Probably disappointed I'm not pretty, huh?"

My eyes widened in disbelief. Does she not...what? Who the fuck told her she wasn't pretty? Then it hit me. Her skin. She's self conscious about her skin. I just smiled and sat down next to her.

"How could I be? I think you look stunning, Miss Epona." I tucked a hair behind her ear, and her cheeks turned pink.

She just laughed, then pulled her phone and earbuds out of her pocket, "Wanna listen?"

"Of course." I purred, and took one earbud and put it in my ear.

Damn, this girl has a great taste. Fuck, man. I wonder who her family is. Although way prettier, she reminded me of someone. Not like they mattered. Her eyes were just something I could stare into forever. I mentally slapped myself. I can't fall for this girl. I have standards.

Then I think. And she meets them all. We just sat there, sharing a pair of earbuds, just chilling when I heard a yell.

"Effie!" We both jolted up, and looked for the voice.

She sighed, "I gotta go, my brother needs something I guess. I'll see you later, Draco Malfoy." Epona smiled, took out the earbud from her and my ear, and walked towards the boy who called for her. Then I looked closer at him.

"Harry Potter..." I growled. Then my eyes widened.

So she's Epona Potter? The coma girl who everyone thought would die? Holy shit. She really is a goddess just like her name suggests. But goddamn Potter, has to ruin everything. I watched as they walked away, and he seemed to have grabbed her wrist pretty roughly.

I scowled. How could he treat his own sister like shit? She survived something no one expected she would. Potter had 'Mommy's love' to protect him. Epona didn't. She survived. Not only that night, but her entire life, in a coma. I even heard every time Harry visited her heartbeat had slowed down. 

I want...I want to be her friend. I mean her actual friend. She's so...perfect. She's not a stuck up asshole who thinks she's better than everyone else like Potter. Her flaws just make her so much more perfect. 

I got up and walked away, I didn't pay attention to where I was going until I looked over to see Epona standing with Harry outside their tent. How...How am I here? What is wrong with me? This isn't who I am. I'm not the guy who drools over a girl. Girls drool over me. 

She's using some sort of magic against me, to draw me to her. It's unfair. So I'm not going to talk to her. I'm going to go on with my day, and walk the complete opposite way.

Because no girl is going to make Draco Malfoy fall in love. 

Especially not a Potter.